Steelers and Browns Thursday night

Dottleshead

22 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Next year will be fun if Ben comes back.  

I do wish all the Browns would have worn the shirts and said something like “we don’t give a damn what kind of look it is” before the game.  Choir boys sing in the choir, this team needs to have its attitude.   

Next years games against Pittsburgh will be a blast!

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Next year will be fun if Ben comes back.  

I do wish all the Browns would have worn the shirts and said something like “we don’t give a damn what kind of look it is” before the game.  Choir boys sing in the choir, this team needs to have its attitude.   

Next years games against Pittsburgh will be a blast!

Wait, I’m still wondering how you lost to our practice squad offense. You can’t even beat Duck Hodges and you want Rothlisberger back to face you?!?

28 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Wait, I’m still wondering how you lost to our practice squad offense. You can’t even beat Duck Hodges and you want Rothlisberger back to face you?!?

Because you played Cleveland’s practice squad defense?  Garrett and Randall would have helped.    Of course the game would be more fun with Ben, why wouldn’t it be?

32 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You mean the game the back-up threw four interceptions? Sure, not a factor.

You see, this is why people think Steelers fans don't know football.  First, you get used to playing in a mostly middling to bad division for the last 10 years or so, and it makes you think the Steelers somehow got ripped off because you felt entitled to multiple Superbowl titles like a bunch of millennials.  Then you mistake excellent defense and fierce pass rush from Cleveland for crappier than normal backup QB play, like it was just Rudolph out there letting everybody down instead of the whole Steelers team taking a dump on the field.  Yeah, Rudolph sucked like most backup QB's when getting killed, and Ben might have thrown three interceptions, or maybe just two, but he would be running for his life like that idiot did the whole game, too. The result most probably ends the same (or the Steelers maybe have another score) and everybody except those in Pittsburgh realize this.

I wasn't following today's game, so I really haven't heard how it unfolded.  Did the Browns shit the bed, Couch?

17 minutes ago, Dottie said:

There's no let up for the mediocre. This place is a Steelers/Browns place. Some Eagles. Some Cowboys. Little Redskins. And one Patriots fan. Ugh.

Plus a hags fan, too!  You are right, there are a lot teams trying to figure out just what the hell they are, and it doesn't look like it is going to happen this year.

I said in an earlier post that Freddie Kitchens was starting to coach better than before.  I think that may have been runaway optimism and playing worse teams, is he a bad coach or one that is just learning on the job?  I saw an article just now that said both sides of the Browns are coaching like ass.  Not sure.  I do know that if I was coaching the Browns, I would attempt to involve OBJ as early as possible to get opposing defenses all worried about a  deep route or two.  The Browns have some playmakers, and Chubb is a damn stud, and so is Hunt.  Mayfield can throw 60 yards in the air, why not stretch the field and make the defenses cover all of it?   I am missing something here, is it that the TE has been out all year?  Long pass of the day was just over twenty yards, you can play fairly tight if no one is running past your defensive backs every now and then.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Spoiled brat Beckum in trouble with the law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/american-football/51141908

He does not deserve the title of moran.   He is an idiot.  Showing up in watches that cost more that all but the nicest houses in America.  The constant need to self promote is sickening to me.  I have no need for him.

• Awesome 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, Dickbag Dickbag Dickbag said:

Yeah, on one hand it was reasonable.  On the other hand, Bell played well for the Steelers and didn't get hurt or act like AB.  Both sides were a bit dumb.

Bell played 16 games and was paid/is owed $27,000,000 before being cut the the Jets. I think it is exactly this that the Steelers were concerned would happen if they signed him to the guaranteed money contact that he wanted.

Oh, and New England will sign him.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Bell played 16 games and was paid/is owed $27,000,000 before being cut the the Jets. I think it is exactly this that the Steelers were concerned would happen if they signed him to the guaranteed money contact that he wanted.

Somebody will since he's practically free this year. I wouldn't pay him a cent more.

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t know that the Steelers were too concerned with Bell as a player or a teammate.  I think they thought it was just a lot of money, and they drew a line in the sand to match Bell’s line in the sand, and that was that.   If Bell bent a little, I would think that the Steelers would have bent a little, too. 

All that aside, the Steelers running backs are a definite weak spot without him.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to sign him now, as he would definitely improve the offense substantially.  

These are all just guesses from the outside, though, what kind of rumors were going around there?  

3 hours ago, Dangling Participle said:
6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t know that the Steelers were too concerned with Bell as a player or a teammate.

I think the Steelers, as an organization and a locker room, grew very tired of his antics with holdouts each of the last two years with the team, the second of which obviously lasting the entire season.

53 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think the Steelers, as an organization and a locker room, grew very tired of his antics with holdouts each of the last two years with the team, the second of which obviously lasting the entire season.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.  On the flip side, I am sure Bell got tired of the Steelers antics with the hardline approach and took his own path.  I am sure they would be happy to have him back, provided he came back with a settled contract situation. 

Connor is always hurt.  Did I say always?  I really meant ALWAYS hurt, I am pretty sure he was injured in the womb and never stopped with the injuries after that.

9 minutes ago, Dangling Participle said:

I am sure they would be happy to have him back, provided he came back with a settled contract situation. 

You know what?  I am dreaming, the guy is a pain in the ass and the Jets wouldn't be releasing him if he wasn't.  This is sinking in now.  Any team that would take him would have to take him on a "suit up and shut up" basis.  He was good in Pittsburgh when he wasn't dealing with the contract stuff, right?

A mitigating factor is that the jets stink, and nobody likes Gase and he pretty much sucks as a head coach and he never wanted Bell and probably made that clear from day one.  Maybe the Patriots would be good for him, most guys get there and do their thing without much ado. 

• 10 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, Dottles said:

Who you got? Pitts done a remarkable job getting back into the hunt w/ a backup QB that's played fair to midland. And Seahawks nation thanks them for dumping the Rams. And Cleveland is unhealthy, dysfunctional, and their QB deserves to be punched in the face.

But don't ya just kinda want them to win anyway? I mean forget Kzoo and Prophet. 

These are two good teams and will give the Ravens a lot of competition for who wins the division, but we're not likely to get a good look at their best players.  Roethlesberger is campaigning for playing time and may get it because of time needed to work with new receivers and a good-looking rookie RB.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

These are two good teams and will give the Ravens a lot of competition for who wins the division, but we're not likely to get a good look at their best players.  Roethlesberger is campaigning for playing time and may get it because of time needed to work with new receivers and a good-looking rookie RB.

Blast from the past.

7 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Roethlisberger may start hot, but will fade in November. Obviously week 1 at Buffalo is a loss, but he should thrive for 6-8 weeks until his arm gets tired. Same thing used to happen to Drew Bledsoe.