Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dottles

Steelers and Browns Thursday night

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Don Cherry said:

Everything becomes about race.. 

It's plausable but I call bullshit in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


See my previous post (150)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dottie said:

It's plausable but I call bullshit in this case.

It will.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don Cherry said:

It will.. 

It might and they might have a case. But it's a babied, quarterback driven league and they will always get preferential treatment. Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I don't think there's any question he started.... After he was driven into the ground, taunted, and refused to get up. I don't care who that was, I would have reacted too. Race possibly. More likely a defenseless quarterback getting mauled on the last play of an already decided game. I am quite confident if that was Russell Wilson the same result would have occurred. 

Exactly. Factor in his two teammates lost to concussions on helmet to helmet contact, tempers were running hot. There’s no basis for a race discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Good point.  Had not even considered that.  

I'm really hoping for a game of rock'em sock'em robots! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dottie said:

I don't think there's any question he started.... After he was driven into the ground, taunted, and refused to get up. I don't care who that was, I would have reacted too. Race possibly. More likely a defenseless quarterback getting mauled on the last play of an already decided game. I am quite confident if that was Russell Wilson the same result would have occurred. 

Defenseless quarterback?  BS, Wilson would know better than to do that, he isn’t the town fool like Rudolph.  

I agree with Couch’s assertion that Rudolph, instead of acting a fool, should have been congratulating the Browns on a game well-played.  At the very least, Rudolph could have said ‘nice play’ to Garrett.  

I don’t know that race had much to do with this, more quarterback privilege, coupled with inexperience, than anything else as to why Rudolph didn’t get a deserved suspension, too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be clear. I am in favor of the quarterback getting time. Randolph's actions should not go unpunished. But they are protected unfairly it seems and everyone in the league knows it. 

I do agree Russell probably never would have gotten himself in that position but he's got half a career yet to prove otherwise. 😋

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Exactly. Factor in his two teammates lost to concussions on helmet to helmet contact, tempers were running hot. 

None of that matters.  Each play is taken in its own and this play has one player who kicked a victor, tried to remove his helmet, and continually went after the player on the winning team.  He was as ineffectual in this as was his play on the day, so couple that with QB privilege and you get a pass.  

If those actions were taken by a different QB, things may have been different. If Mayfield did that, he certainly would have been suspended.  I also think any long-time veteran QB would have gotten suspended regardless, as they would be expected to know better than to do what that low-functioning monkey Rudolph did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dottie said:

A fine won’t do much.  Nothing happens without the dummy QB starting things after the play was over when the hapless half-wit got drilled into the dirt.  

I hope the Steelers suspend him a game, but that is against their self-interest.  Well, maybe not against their self interest based on the way he played when they got beat up by the Browns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jsharr said:

I think Garrett should be tried for assault with a deadly weapon, intent to do bodily harm, general assholery and douchebagginess at the very least.  

That sounds like every NFL game ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That sounds like every NFL game ever. 

You are still being a moran.  It isn't like every other NFL game.  It is like nothing that has been done in an NFL game previously.  That's why he is at the top of the list for largest bans.

Your comments show you still have your head up your PRI infested butt.

What he did has many thinking he should spend the next 6 months in jail not the next 6 game at home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You are still being a moran.  It isn't like every other NFL game.  It is like nothing that has been done in an NFL game previously.  That's why he is at the top of the list for largest bans.

Your comments show you still have your head up your PRI infested butt.

What he did has many thinking he should spend the next 6 months in jail not the next 6 game at home.

 

Yeah, big guys hitting each other as hard as they can with intent to do bodily harm  and being douche holes NEVER happens in NFL games.   :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, big guys hitting each other as hard as they can with intent to do bodily harm  and being douche holes NEVER happens in NFL games.   :rolleyes:

Yeah.  It's a penalty in the NFL to remove your own helmet on the field.  This a personal foul to remove someone else's helmet on the field.  It's a felony to attack someones head with a helmet either on the field or in a alley.

Your terminal PRI has finally spread to your brain.

  • Hugs 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah.  It's a penalty in the NFL to remove your own helmet on the field.  This a personal foul to remove someone else's helmet on the field.  It's a felony to attack someones head with a helmet either on the field or in a alley.

Your terminal PRI has finally spread to your brain.

You are all pissy today. I recommend following a good team for a while, like Ohio State.  It will be good for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just saw sport casters talking about how the NFL is taking this too far out of hand. On of the guys said in the rule book that if a player uses a helmet as a weapon it is a 15 yard penalty and ejection from the game. That's it.. 

Funny how hockey, give you a 5 min penalty for fighting, baseball gives you a warning for throwing a 100mph fast ball at someone's head, but in a full contact sport you get kicked out indefinitely.. 

 

Still calling bullshit about Rudolph not being banned as well for starting the shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It's a felony to attack someones head with a helmet either on the field or in a alley.

That is actually a grey area of law.  As I stated before, it really depends on the extent of injury the act caused.  This is how boxing, MMA etc survive as a sport.  Punching is always assault unless both parties agree and accept that going in.  Punching while holding an opponents head against a corner post though, will result in criminal charges.  In this case, the helmet didn't cause appreciable damage so there were no criminal charges.  Had it really connected and caused a concussion or fracture, there would have been criminal charges and much lighter NFL penalties.  There are often delays in action while things are reviewed.  That delay is between law enforcement and the league.  In this case, nothing criminal, just league penalties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 17.  USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON. A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent.

 Penalty: For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that the Steeler's issues this year are largely their own fault.  Conner was never going to adequately replace Bell for instance.  They need AB or someone like him, plus they are getting old.  Is the dummy even going to be a decent quarterback?  I don't know, I haven't watched him do anything but throw interceptions and start fights he can't possibly win, but that could be just one pitiful game against the heroic dysfunctional Browns.  The Fitzpatrick trade looks good, though, he is playing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 17.  USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON. A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent.

 Penalty: For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

The NFL said Garrett "violated unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules, as well as fighting and removing an opponent's helmet and using it as a weapon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Steeler's issues this year are largely their own fault.  Conner was never going to adequately replace Bell for instance.  They need AB

AB is a nutcase who quit on the team last year while they were competing for a playoff position, because he wasn’t named team MVP. He’s spiraled completely out of control since. Him playing on a team with a QB who can’t get him the ball would have been a disaster. Players “like him” aren’t wildly available, for the reason that Pro-Bowl WRs are generally held onto.

They weren’t going to give Bell the guaranteed money he wanted. He’s had one positive Urine for marijuana and missed another test. Next positive and he misses an entire season. I’ve heard that the Jets were already seeking trade options for him? Connor did admirably last season, but has been injured much of this season. That’s the uncertainty of RB in the NFL, and another good reason not to pay huge guarantee money to the position.

I don’t think the Steelers drafted Rudolph with expectations he will be their next full-time starter. I think back-up was his expected role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

AB is a nutcase who quit on the team last year while they were competing for a playoff position, because he wasn’t named team MVP. He’s spiraled completely out of control since. Him playing on a team with a QB who can’t get him the ball would have been a disaster. Players “like him” aren’t wildly available, for the reason that Pro-Bowl WRs are generally held onto.

They weren’t going to give Bell the guaranteed money he wanted. He’s had one positive Urine for marijuana and missed another test. Next positive and he misses an entire season. I’ve heard that the Jets were already seeking trade options for him? Connor did admirably last season, but has been injured much of this season. That’s the uncertainty of RB in the NFL, and another good reason not to pay huge guarantee money to the position.

I don’t think the Steelers drafted Rudolph with expectations he will be their next full-time starter. I think back-up was his expected role.

AB is a nutcase, they were actually right to be rid of him.  Bell got a bunch of guaranteed money, and the Steelers were on of the teams trying to trade for him, or at least exploring it.  The Steelers could have had him without having to trade anything to get him, except the money they should have just paid to keep him.  I really haven't seen enough of Rudolph to make any judgements except he lost his composure in a bad way.

All in all, it is good to get the rivalry going again, it was always fun before the Browns moved to Baltimore.  I was at the game when Joe Jones spiked Bradshaw on his head decades ago.  Now THAT was football!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

it's white privilege.  

I don't think so.  Mayfield would have gotten suspended for sure, on reputation alone.  Established QB's would have been, too, because they should know better.  Rudolph was taking over for a HOF'er, and maybe a bit too pressured because of it.  

I think the Steelers also got a personal favor from the league for not causing too much trouble generally.  I do feel that all the Rudolph stuff and all the Garrett stuff (except the helmet slinging) were offsetting stupidities.  Garrett just went too far above and beyond the Rudolph too far is all.

If you suspend Garrett, you have to suspend Rudolph, I feel.  Pouncey got reamed, though, 3 games is a bit much for his actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I don't think so.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.  Mason wasn't suspended because of white privilege.

Mudkipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, Dottie said:

The NFL has got to come down hard on this. I mean really hard. This cannot be acceptable in the game, period.

I watched it again just now, and it doesn't seem all that bad.  Tensions running high is all.  Rudolph really was stupid doing any of that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.  Mason wasn't suspended because of white privilege.

Mudkipz

Are you trying to trigger me?   ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randomguy said:

Are you trying to trigger me?   ;)

No.  I'm trying to drive home the fact Mason wasn't suspended because of his privilege as a white male.  Mason is a member of the patriarchy.

Mason kicked a black man in the balls.  Myles reacted.

Myles Garrett did nothing wrong.

Mudkipz

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Bell got a bunch of guaranteed money, and the Steelers were on of the teams trying to trade for him, or at least exploring it.  The Steelers could have had him without having to trade anything to get him, except the money they should have just paid to keep him.

Bell held out an entire season rather than signing his offer, losing $17M, IIRC. And they offered him a contract that was essentially equivalent (or better?) in money than what he got from the Jets, but with the requirement that he have to play to earn the money. As a fan, I’ll accept that was a fair effort to retain a player, and a reasonable business decision to walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Couch_Incident said:

Mason is a member of the patriarchy.

Toxic masculinity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Bell held out an entire season rather than signing his offer, losing $17M, IIRC. And they offered him a contract that was essentially equivalent (or better?) in money than what he got from the Jets, but with the requirement that he have to play to earn the money. As a fan, I’ll accept that was a fair effort to retain a player, and a reasonable business decision to walk away.

Yeah, on one hand it was reasonable.  On the other hand, Bell played well for the Steelers and didn't get hurt or act like AB.  Both sides were a bit dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randomguy said:

Toxic masculinity!

Yes.  Mason used his toxic masculinity to kick a good man in the balls.  

The NFL is a joke and a racist organization.  

Mudkipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 17.  USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON. A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent.

 Penalty: For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

That is NFL rules.  Criminal rules are different but also apply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

The NFL is a joke and a racist organization.  

I am tired of their exclusion of yellow people, and I don't see any chick players at all.  This is unfair for sure.

They are ageist, too, except for Tom Brady, who is cheating time now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Yes.  Mason used his toxic masculinity to kick a good man in the balls.  

The NFL is a joke and a racist organization.  

Mudkipz

That is why I like baseball.  They take any colour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Cherry said:

That is why I like baseball.  They take any colour. 

Q:   Do you know why it is a good idea to take a date to a baseball game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Bell played well for the Steelers and didn't get hurt or act like AB.

He had two drug suspensions, missed the walk-through practice before a playoff game, had injury problems in another playoff game, and his teammates felt betrayed by his constant changing of plans during last season. He initially announced he’d be there at week one, missing only preseason, then around week 4, then 8, then never. He had his own drama issues, to be sure. I liked him as a player, but wouldn’t go too far to retain him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Q:   Do you know why it is a good idea to take a date to a baseball game?

A:  You kiss her on the strikes, and she kisses you on the balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Q:   Do you know why it is a good idea to take a date to a baseball game?

RG:

A: You can nap for three hours then go home refreshed, to bang.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

his teammates felt betrayed by his constant changing of plans during last season. He initially announced he’d be there at week one, missing only preseason, then around week 4, then 8, then never.

The players should have known he was forcing the Steeler's hand.  Just business, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The players should have known he was forcing the Steeler's hand.  Just business, I suppose.

Well, they moved on. I just don’t want to pretend that Bell was a model teammate without any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Don Cherry said:

That is NFL rules.  Criminal rules are different but also apply. 

Only if charges are pressed against that player by the butt hurt player.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Only if charges are pressed against that player by the butt hurt player.. 

Maybe in the US, not here.  Assault is assault regardless of who reports it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am tired of their exclusion of yellow people, and I don't see any chick players at all.  This is unfair for sure.

They are ageist, too, except for Tom Brady, who is cheating time now.

No, chicks are there.  Just look a little closer.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dottie said:

No, chicks are there.  Just look a little closer.

Cheerleaders are disappearing, and this makes me sad.  How else are people going to know they should cheer?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Well, they moved on. I just don’t want to pretend that Bell was a model teammate without any issues.

I know.  He had less issues than many, though, and used whatever leverage he had.

Pot should never be illegal for players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Don Cherry said:

Maybe in the US, not here.  Assault is assault regardless of who reports it. 

AFAIK, it’s the police and district attorney who would determine if charges are brought for a public event. In private circumstances, an agreeable witness is necessary. Here, you don’t need Mason to complain to have a case, IF they wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...