LA seems a lot like Tijuana

Randomguy

Not sure how they drove you to LAX but if you looped to the North and then west you went through predominately Hispanic areas.  If you go due South & west you go through South Central which is predominately black neighborhoods.

Los Angeles does have a huge Hispanic population though.  They used to say there were more Spanish speakers in LA than Mexico City.  Not sure if that’s still a true statement though.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Not sure how they drove you to LAX but if you looped to the North and then west you went through predominately Hispanic areas.  If you go due South & west you go through South Central which is predominately black neighborhoods.

Los Angeles does have a huge Hispanic population though.  They used to say there were more Spanish speakers in LA than Mexico City.  Not sure if that’s still a true statement though.

I was in LA for the Rodney King verdict.  Flying some news team.   We decided to drive to a computer store in Ontario.  Coming back to LAX, the guy I was riding with headed south on the east side of LA and we drove East Imperial back to the airport.  I felt safer in Tehran and Lagos than I did in LA that day.  People were angry. 

7 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I was in LA for the Rodney King verdict.  Flying some news team.   We decided to drive to a computer store in Ontario.  Coming back to LAX, the guy I was riding with headed south on the east side of LA and we drove East Imperial back to the airport.  I felt safer in Tehran and Lagos than I did in LA that day.  People were angry. 

My buddy was in the National Guard and got deployed for the riots.  He said he got shot at more times during the riots than his deployment to Iraq...

Yeah you went through Inglewood “Inglehood” and probably parts of Compton.  Not great areas then not now.

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Further said:

Dragnet, Falling Down, & Pulp Fiction are my LA frame of reference

I never lived in LA but spent most of my career working in LA.  It’s a very dynamic city with many personalities.  

A few years back I took my kids to LA . We did everything from Rodeo Drive to a taqueria in East LA.  They really enjoyed the tour.

• Heart 1