Malcolm Gladwell: How to Tell if Someone is Blackout Drunk

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Pretty interesting.

To answer Joe’s question of why do different types of alcohol affect someone differently, it’s simply about speed of delivery and concentration. 

I really don't know much about the subject, even as an alcoholic and addict.  But I wonder if there is also a difference on how quickly or how individuals process alcohol.  

I've read studies, and trust me I didn't critically follow up on the science because I'm lazy, that suggest some people (alcoholics) process booze differently than normal people.  

But yea, I loved Vodka because it got me to the state I wanted to be than beer or wine.  

Mudkipz 

15 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

I really don't know much about the subject, even as an alcoholic and addict.  But I wonder if there is also a difference on how quickly or how individuals process alcohol.  

I've read studies, and trust me I didn't critically follow up on the science because I'm lazy, that suggest some people (alcoholics) process booze differently than normal people.  

But yea, I loved Vodka because it got me to the state I wanted to be than beer or wine.  

Mudkipz 

So that’s a different issue. Liquors will get absorbed quickly, and can be consumed quickly. But you may be different than me and I different than the next person as to how that first, and second and further drinks effect us, both psychology and physically. Tolerance and natural liver enzyme levels will make one person tolerate far more than another who will turn beat red with their first drink.