Sure, you eat green beans, but do you really enjoy them?

Randomguy

3 hours ago, Chris... said:

With a stick of butter and bacon in them

Skip the butter and cook them in the bacon grease, then throw on some lemon juice....  Delicious.

or

Put a little olive oil on them add some garlic and Parmesan Cheese, then broil them for about two minutes.

or

Steam them with some lemon pepper

or

Eat them raw.

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Pretty much all veggies - even the tough ones like okra - are DELICIOUS if prepared properly. 

Obviously, my Thanksgiving green bean casserole makes its big impression soon, so I'm getting psyched up!

If you are talking about this, I'm going to take that can of mushroom soup and clock you over the head with it.

Image result for green bean casserole"

Start watching this:

https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/the-everyday-gourmet-cooking-with-vegetables.html

6 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

There's another way to make a green bean casserole?

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The Boomer Hipster way!

There is. You take that shit in a can and chuck at RE's head. Once you've knocked him out you prepare your green beans using a proper method.

Does that shitty casserole use canned green beans?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Mrs. Silly made a "tomato soup" from scratch last week.  It tasted nothing like that soup on the cover.  It was terrible.

Dennis will tell her how to make a proper tomato soup.  I bet it involves time.  Lots of time.

Just now, Mr. Silly said:

How long does it take to open a can of Campbell's, plop the soup into a microwave ready bowl, add 3/4 can of milk then nuke it for a minute or so?

Longer than it took to type the question, but about two hours less than the method Dennis will suggest :D

An easy one-pot and delicious meal:  boneless ham or turkey ham cut into bite-sized pieces, potatoes cut into bite sized pieces, and frozen or canned or fresh cut green beans.

Boil the ham and potatoes in a pot until they're close to done, then add the green beans - preventing them from overcooking.

Plate them in a big bowl with lots of butter!  This is a dish that is definitely not as good without the green beans!

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

An easy one-pot and delicious meal:  boneless ham or turkey ham cut into bite-sized pieces, potatoes cut into bite sized pieces, and frozen or canned or fresh cut green beans.

Boil the ham and potatoes in a pot until they're close to done, then add the green beans - preventing them from overcooking.

Plate them in a big bowl with lots of butter!  This is a dish that is definitely not as good without the green beans!

I love a ham and bean stew with cornbread. That's good eating.