Sucks being an Angel fan in Dodger town

ChrisL

Did you know Cody Bellinger won the MVP? First Dodger since 2004.   Oh hey Cody Bellinger won the MVP.  Guess what, Cody Bellinger won the MVP....

That was all the talk on the radio for my drive home and on TV at home.  I had to go to the Angels website to find out that Mike Trout won his third MVP... Yawn...

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Did you know Cody Bellinger won the MVP? First Dodger since 2004.   Oh hey Cody Bellinger won the MVP.  Guess what, Cody Bellinger won the MVP....

That was all the talk on the radio for my drive home and on TV at home.  I had to go to the Angels website to find out that Mike Trout won his third MVP... Yawn...

Fortunately, I didn’t hear any baseball awards talk on my drive home.:lol:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dennis said:

Hold on Sparky. Dodgers/Angels game 7 of the series in Dodger stadium, you've got tickets. Are you telling us you won't go to the game? 

I want your tickets. I call dibs now.

Well if we are gonna play what if games... I wouldn’t need the tickets as I bask in the glory of a game 6 victory at Angel Stadium!  I’m one of the hoards rushing the field!!!  

Suck it Dodger fans!

6 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Well if we are gonna play what if games... I wouldn’t need the tickets as I bask in the glory of a game 6 victory at Angel Stadium!  I’m one of the hoards rushing the field!!!  

Suck it Dodger fans!

Surely the aesthetics of Dodgers Stadium makes it a better venue for baseball than Angel Stadium? I’ve always heard Angels Stadium is one of the most boring parks in MLB. Now, getting to or leaving the Dodgers games is another horror story. Did you ever see the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David takes a hooker to the Dodgers game so that he can use the HOV lane? Good stuff.

Maybe the Angles could pick up PNC Park as a free agent? It’s long been rumored to be unhappy being part of the Pirates organization.

https://sports.theonion.com/pnc-park-threatens-to-leave-pittsburgh-unless-better-te-1819568573

56B33640-0177-44BE-8103-DA39BCC26A5B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Surely the aesthetics of Dodgers Stadium makes it a better venue for baseball than Angel Stadium? I’ve always heard Angels Stadium is one of the most boring parks in MLB. Now, getting to or leaving the Dodgers games is another horror story. Did you ever see the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry David takes a hooker to the Dodgers game so that he can use the HOV lane? Good stuff.

Maybe the Angles could pick up PNC Park as a free agent? It’s long been rumored to be unhappy being part of the Pirates organization.

https://sports.theonion.com/pnc-park-threatens-to-leave-pittsburgh-unless-better-te-1819568573

56B33640-0177-44BE-8103-DA39BCC26A5B.jpeg

Angel stadium is dated and does need an overhaul. It is one of the oldest stadiums and the last renovation was in the 1990’s.

But having said that, it’s between two freeways and several major streets so getting in and more importantly getting out is a breeze.  PD forces everyone out one way and they put up traffic control at the lights so the parking lot drains quickly. I have counted and can get from my seat to the freeway in 20 minutes and we don’t leave early.

The owner Arte Moreno also keeps prices down. Parking is $10, concessions are reasonable and ticket prices are reasonable. The Angels are continually the top or near the top in best fan experience in all professional sports as there is a concerted effort on family friendly environment & pricing.

So yeah the stadium is dated but everything else about going to an Angel game is top notch.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Did you hear, Cody Bellinger got MVP!?!! It’s all over the news out here!!!

Blah blah blah.

Some idiot hit some other idiot with a helmet last night. That's my focus today! Nothing else interesting is going on in the world.

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I have counted and can get from my seat to the freeway in 20 minutes and we don’t leave early.

Another feature of PNC Park, I can get from there to HOME in 20 minutes. And that’s a with an owner who doesn’t care about the fans. Think of the time savings you’d enjoy having PNC Park AND an owner who cares!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Another feature of PNC Park, I can get from there to HOME in 20 minutes. And that’s a with an owner who doesn’t care about the fans. Think of the time savings you’d enjoy having PNC Park AND an owner who cares!

So You are suggesting Arte Moreno buys the Pirates and I move to Pittsburgh?  

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

"10 Things You Didn't Know About Pirates Owner Robert Nutting."

Actually 11 because until I Googled "who owns the Pittsburgh Pirates" I knew nothing of him.

Who is he?  Don't make me UTG

He owns a number of newspapers under the “Ogden Newspapers Inc” company and the local ski resort Seven Springs.

My father was a Yankees fan, so I was a Yankees fan in Baltimore and Mickey Mantle was my hero.  Around 1965, Mantle was going downhill and I became an Orioles fan with Brooks Robinson as my hero - just in time for the Orioles to win their first pennant and World Series in 1966 and to be dominant for almost two decades.

My nephew Ryan's father is from Maine and WAS a Patriots fan so Ryan grew up a Patriots fan in Baltimore and Tom Brady is his hero.  He attended the wk. 9 game where the Ravens whipped the Patriots.  I reminded him of the transition I made and suggested that he might think about warming up to the Ravens, since Brady doesn't have a lot of years left.

• Heart 1