Margaret has plumbing issues

petitepedal

I remember arriving at work one day during a very heavy storm.  It was about 4am and no one was there.  Some of the suspended ceiling tiles were sagging over the electronics equipment in the lab.  I rushed around and covered everything with plastic sheets from a roll.  20 minutes after I finished the ceiling gave way but the equipment stayed dry.

Somehow the water on your ceiling will have to be removed.  If it isn't there will surely be mold later.  As for the ceiling itself  :dontknow:

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Well...not much dripped..but the seam in the ceiling where it is buckling is now more than 1/2 way across the width of the kitchen :runcirclsmiley:  My morning tea is not fixing this!!

Tea is going to stain the ceiling.  I would scrape off the popcorn, bed and tape the seam, apply compound, sand, primer and then reapply the popcorn.  

This is hard. I can attest to challenges of water problems when my dishwasher malfunctioned, the water went through 6 other suites beneath me.  This happened in spring.  Yes, my home insurance premium went up.

Water problems in a condo is a VERY different challenge than living in a house.  Hope your strata insurance can cover this well. 

Our building at least was fortunate enough to retain a trustworthy good contractor for major repairs.  The firm knows our building well.

You must act asap to remove the damaged floor or roof that caused your ceiling to buckle.  Otherwise mould will start to grow ..  They tore up my damaged floor 8 hrs. after the leak.  That's how fast and good the contractor was.