Gonna write a little letter

late

The first time music grabbed my soul, and carried it off, was from the Beatles first American album. I was on paper route, and just stood there, thunderstruck.

Gave me my love of music. Recently I've been playing the Beatles a lot, mostly from the albums before Sgt Peppers.

This is a lot like sex, as the twig is bent, so grows the tree. i got lucky with the Beatles. It could have been the Bay City Rollers, or rap, or...

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, late said:

The first time music grabbed my soul, and carried it off, was from the Beatles first American album.

There was a "first" American album?  Like, they had earlier albums, but none released into the US market until after that "first" one?

It is weird to think back to the days where physical copies of music were required.  What a different time.

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

There was a "first" American album?  Like, they had earlier albums, but none released into the US market until after that "first" one?

It is weird to think back to the days where physical copies of music were required.  What a different time.

That was weird. I was talking about music from Meet the Beatles. Turns out that was their second album. Learn something new every day, I guess.