It saddens me that the enthusiasm for plate spinning has waned so.

Mr. Silly

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

When the Merv Griffin show went off the air, they lost a valuable public platform.

RetroTV has Ed Sullivan and he invites plate spinners to share their craft.  You'd think today's youth would see them on Ed Sullivan and be intrigued.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think adding a skeet and trap shooting segment to the plate spinning display would help the ratings.

That would add a degree of excitement.  But plate spinning is already pretty exciting especially when all the plates are up on their sticks and the ones that were set to spinning first start slowing down so the spinner has to run frantically around to keep them all spinning.  It is tough to beat that.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

That would add a degree of excitement.  But plate spinning is already pretty exciting especially when all the plates are up on their sticks and the ones that were set to spinning first start slowing down so the spinner has to run frantically around to keep them all spinning.  It is tough to beat that.

Live ammo would add to the experience.

1 hour ago, Mr. Silly said:

When I was young I watched the spinners on Ed Sullivan.  There was one who not only was a remarkable spinner but did it in a comical fashion, tripping and falling down and performing more like a mime than just a spinner.  I wish I could remember who he was .......... if it matters.