on day off: tech problems working with call centre

shootingstar

This is the 2nd time ….where on my day off, I've found it better to get phone customer service during biz work hrs. (not weekends) to get tech/log in support.  It's pathetic actually....usually over 1 hr. in phone queue, laborious steps with call centre staff..

In the 21st century, pure phone/online with self-help messages, various steps for authentication online....plus password resets etc., is the bane of modern existence. ?I do like real person customer service  and talking to a real person who is knowledgeable.  Not a pile of robo-self help calls/messages which I attempted twice.  

The nightmare of 21st century will be forgetting /unable to reset password.

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Good thing about my position within the firm is that I have direct IT support.  I don’t deal with help desk.  Outside of our CEO my dept has priority.

I haven’t had a true day off in decades. I have been subject to call as long as I can remember...

Even my sister-doctor didn't want a job to be on call 24 x 7.  She just settles for 12 hrs. shifts starting some time in evening ...for several consecutive days at a hospital.  She sleeps at the hospital during day.  Then drives back 85 km. each way back home to finish her sleep before getting back to family life with her 2 young kids.  

In my organization, it's sometimes bizarre to deal with call centre tech staff located in a different....province....especially when one has tech. problems in boardroom before a group training session.  Unbelievable about the gyrations of phone support, especially all it takes is an on-site tech person.  So someone in another province has to ramp up to tell another tech person  in OUR building to visit our floor ..to troubleshoot.

Yea... cost-cutting by contracting an out of province call centre doesn't make sense especially during regular 9-5 work days.

I just had issues with an HP Chromebook that i bought Sunday. I like it a lot. Then the screen went black and did not come back up/on. So yesterday was 2-3 hours on tech support/warranty repair. 2 case numbers started. Many calls directing me to Virtual assistant. VA did not recognize my problem. Esp when i started cursing at her. I gave up and tried today. Was going down the same road. So HP will pay for shipping and repair but I am out a computer for 3-4 weeks? that doesn't sound helpful. As soon as I mentioned refund the guy in india could not get off the phone fast enough.  "Oh, you have to call 888-no-help. boom. I called and the guy tries upselling me. And mentions he has relatives in Portland. Yeah, right. we come to an agreement to purchase another then Fedex the broken one back for full refund (including my expedited shipping...$40)

Woscrapr was so good at this. i suck at it. I lose my patience so fast. She would be  asking about them & their families, kids, dogs. She gave good phone

• Haha 1