So what do you think it means when the supemarket music is Rebel Yell?

Ralphie

It means you’re smack dab in the middle of the big chill, and all that angst you thought would shake the world amounts to nothing but grocery store music. 

The store where I shop plays 80’s alternative music. I can sing along to my favorites while choosing the milk. 

• Heart 1

We are getting old.  I just heard Depeche Mode in our building lobby.  Icicle Works is part of some investment bank commercial and I am pretty sure I heard HooDoo Gurus or The RaveUps on another commercail recently.  Most of the songs are just instrumental, no lyrics, but you can tell what they are.

12 hours ago, jsharr said:

We are getting old.  I just heard Depeche Mode in our building lobby.  Icicle Works is part of some investment bank commercial and I am pretty sure I heard HooDoo Gurus or The RaveUps on another commercail recently.  Most of the songs are just instrumental, no lyrics, but you can tell what they are.

When I heard a Muzak version of Ziggy Stardust in an elevator, I wanted to cry. Sure, ruining Journey wasn't bad enough. You had to go and bastardize David Bowie. Curse you, Muzak!