Breakfast/Brunch

goldendesign

Tomorrow starts my new Anti Inflammatory diet restrictions since Lupus sucks. So today WoG and I went to a place called Salt Rock Tavern for their brunch. It is ridiculous. A nice mix of traditional breakfast to awesome lunch/seafood dishes.

I ate my entire caloric intake in one sitting:

2 eggs scrambled

3 pieces of bacon

2 biscuits and gravy

house salad (bacon, blue cheese, corn...)

arugula and grapefruit salad

Egg and benedict

fruit plate

croissant with duck pate 

smoked salmon and cream cheese

6 raw oysters

heap of shrimp

grouper cheeks in cajun sauce

paella

stir fry beef

corn and lentil chowder

cheese blintz

peanut and chocolate cream pudding

cookies

and a sundae for sunday.

10303456_675025789237667_124862697432977

Now I have diabetus and a coma. 

my stomach hurts just reading all that.

As for lupus...that sucks.  I wish you all the best on that journey.  As for anti-inflammatory diet stuff....you probably already know, but keep sugar to a minimum, get plenty of O3 fatty acids, and true to limit intake of arachidonic acid.

Had MCTD (multiple connective tissue disease) for years and always been on Plaquenil. But recently the found that I am now showing signs the toxicity level in my eyes is building from the toxin that is my medication and have already lost a small amount of peripheral sight from it. Continued use would see tunnel vision and color perception loss.

Not good. So stopped the medications and now with guidance am attempting a more natural form of immune suppressant  therapies to keep my body in check. Gonna be better in the long run I always hated when I had a flair up and had to switch to the harsh stuff for a few days (methotrexate)

Arachidonic acid is an O6 fatty acid that competes with the same pathways that EPA/DHA use for metabolism.   Both types of fat are used to create eicosanoids, but the eicosanoids from O6 fatty acids are considered pro-inflammatory, while the eicosanoids from O3's are considered anti-inflammatory.  By consuming more O3's, you competitively block out the pro-inflammatory ones.

just the black ones with a red hour glass on their back.

I had one of those crawl across my bare chest when I was about 10 years old once. The only reason I knew what it was was, ironically, was that I had 'just' checked out a book about spiders that very day at the library at school. I was a little nervous having a black widow crawling across my chest.

Are you telling him to eat less spiders?

just the black ones with a red hour glass on their back.

Each fall, I get a few of those in my home. They like to hang out in the washroom on the main level. Black widow spiders are fascinating, beautiful creatures.