The Aggies Won Halftime Again

jsharr

Just now, Razors Edge said:

That's a pretty big ROTC group.

Yes it is.  Oh, and by the way During World War II, Texas A&M produced 20,229 Aggies who served in combat. Of those, 14,123 Aggies served as officers: more than the combined total of the United States Naval Academy and the United States Military Academy[16] and more than three times the totals of any other SMC.[17]

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes it is.  Oh, and by the way During World War II, Texas A&M produced 20,229 Aggies who served in combat. Of those, 14,123 Aggies served as officers: more than the combined total of the United States Naval Academy and the United States Military Academy[16] and more than three times the totals of any other SMC.[17]

I get that. I also get that West Point and the Naval Academy are a wee bit smaller and more selective, eh?

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I get that. I also get that West Point and the Naval Academy are a wee bit smaller and more selective, eh?

The Navy actually opened at least 2 other schools for midshipmen during WWII.  Bucknell and Brown University.  My father was a midshipman at Brown during the war.  They had the same requirements as the Academy 

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The Navy actually opened at least 2 other schools for midshipmen during WWII.  Bucknell and Brown University.  My father was a midshipman at Brown during the war.  They had the same requirements as the Academy 

That's neat!

My dad wasn't born yet. Or, was less than a year old when the war was over.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A&M is one of only 6 institutions that US Military ROTC.   And they produce more officers than any other institution outside the Military Service Acadamies.  Need I remind you that Myles Garrett is an Aggie, sir!

http://www.thebatt.com/news/aggies-answer-the-call-to-action-throughout-history/article_765a4440-4002-11e9-a12a-8fe1becd01cc.html

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What does this mean??? ROTC programs seem to be everywhere.

I Englished those words above very poorly.  What I meant to copy and paste say was that In the United States, a senior military college (SMC) is one of six colleges that offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs under 10 USC 2111a(f), though many other schools offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps under other sections of the law. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I like Reveille.

I have heard that Miss Reveille Ma'am holds a special place in her heart for frogs, streamers and ice cream sandwiches.  She cannot read or write, so she does not understand or have an opinion on thank you notes, but she does appreciate good manners.

• Hugs 1

I Englished those words above very poorly.  What I meant to copy and paste say was that In the United States, a senior military college (SMC) is one of six colleges that offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs under 10 USC 2111a(f), though many other schools offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps under other sections of the law. 

So, in other words, "thank god for Wikipedia because jsharr is a dolt"!

In the United States, a senior military college (SMC) is one of six colleges that offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs under 10 USC 2111a(f), though many other schools offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps under other sections of the law. The six senior military colleges are:

• Norwich University, in Northfield, Vermont
  • Texas A&M University, in College Station, Texas
  • The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, also known as The Citadel, in Charleston, South Carolina
  • Virginia Military Institute, in Lexington, Virginia
  • Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Virginia
  • University of North Georgia, in Dahlonega, Georgia

Just now, Dottie said:

Anybody fired up about a band playing at halftime needs to go live in Cleveland. Just saying.

Honestly, pro football makes you realize that a halftime show would be a GOOD idea.  I'd MUCH rather watch (even on TV) a band at halftime than the stupid cut to NFL HQ for game updates and commercials.  The Super Bowl goes all sorts of crazy trying to hype the halftime show, but the NFL ignores it for EVERY other game of the season. Dopey.

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Anybody fired up about a band playing at halftime needs to go live in Cleveland. Just saying.

If you are a college football fan, a trip to Aggieland should be on your bucket list.  The Texas Aggie band is truly one of those things you have to see to believe.   You need to go and drink a bit of our maroon kool aid.

If you are a college football fan, a trip to Aggieland should be on your bucket list.  The Texas Aggie band is truly one of those things you have to see to believe.   You need to go and drink a bit of our maroon kool aid.

Fair. But they got drunken goons in the stands rooting on criminals in Cleveland. What's not to like?!?

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Actually, I find the state of affairs with the excessive offense laden rules and over extensive media coverage to dilute the game. As for the halftime shows? Who gives a fuck. I am usually crapping then.

With games at 1, 4, and 8, you must really be full of shit!

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

One not so insignificant difference is that graduates of A&M ROTC have no legal obligation to Uncle Sam, while those who attend the USMA or USNA from year 3 forward have some number of their future years planned out for them in some detail.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

That's like using kilometers instead of miles!  My time zone is the best, by a LONG shot!

Egad. You poor bastards don't even know how wrong you are. I casually wake up on game day and a game is on. I can waste an entire day on that crap and still get to bed at a decent hour.

7 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

One not so insignificant difference is that graduates of A&M ROTC have no legal obligation to Uncle Sam, while those who attend the USMA or USNA from year 3 forward have some number of their future years planned out for them in some detail.

6 if I remember correctly.  But sometimes my remember is bad.

22 minutes ago, 12string said:

My mom has a bunch of old VCR tapes of the Aggie halftime shows.   My brother did that for 4 years, used to send tapes when the games weren't on TV back home.

Have lots of good friends that were BQ's back in the day.  One them is now a 3 star in the Marines

190611-M-KK402-1008.JPG