Have you ever had fried oatmeal?

Wilbur

My mother, also a Depression Era kid, also often used an egg or two to bind together/flavor leftovers, though she wasn't big on oatmeal.  Cheese and cooked pasta and egg all fried together was a big deal to us, with bacon, hotdogs, chicken, or whatever leftover meat was on hand thrown in.  That was/is so good, my siblings and I still make it on occasion.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My mother, also a Depression Era kid, also often used an egg or two to bind together/flavor leftovers, though she wasn't big on oatmeal.  Cheese and cooked pasta and egg all fried together was a big deal to us, with bacon, hotdogs, chicken, or whatever leftover meat was on hand thrown in.  That was/is so good, my siblings and I still make it on occasion.

I always find it odd when I meet a person who won't eat leftovers - whether reheated or re-imagined.  Fried oatmeal sounds like it could be tasty. Your leftovers sound like they could be tasty. 

43 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I always find it odd when I meet a person who won't eat leftovers - whether reheated or re-imagined.  Fried oatmeal sounds like it could be tasty. Your leftovers sound like they could be tasty. 

My wife & son are that way. One & done, they’d rather eat a sandwich then eat an awesome meal twice.  

I don’t get it...