Brittania TV Series

MickinMD

Has anyone watched the TV series "Brittania" that's on Amazon Instant Video?  I usually like ancient stuff like that and will check it out.

One of the British commercials on the Mon. Nite Football broadcast I was able to stream through a free betting site that carried the UK's "Sky TV" (regular Mon. Nite broadcast, UK commercials) was for the TV series "Brittania."  I checked it out and it's a production of Sky TV and Amazon.  Season 1 (nine episodes) is available free on Amazon Instant Video.  Season 2 (10 episodes) began in the UK beginning Nov. 7, so I guess it will soon be on Amazon Instant Video.

Program Synopsis:

The story is set in 43 A.D. and charts the Roman invasion of what would become Great Britain. [Mick's note: apparently not much happened in the century after Julius Caesar conquered southern Britain in 55-54 B.C.]
The determined, yet terrified, Roman Imperial Army returns to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia, a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the forces of the underworld.

1726961912_BrittaniaS01E01.thumb.jpg.6759726ba92073b323a06cf374db3205.jpg

So, a fantasy show (with the Druids and beings from the underworld)?  I'd be interested, and hopefully it will have a reasonable budget and high quality production. I may have to give it a whirl.  I really liked "Rome"  but it was short lived and didn't have a fantasy element.

2 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

So it is a documentary? 

I'm trying to remember the source - I think it was in The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar, where he describes the Druids and says they would begin chanting in a small forest clearing and even the leaves of the trees would stop rustling in the wind and all would become eerily still.

My Celtic biological heritage must include some Druid ancestry because, more and more often, I'll spend a long time being eerily still on the holy day of Sunday - at least until halftime.