Costco free lunch

MickinMD

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

Costco stuff is on my shopping list today, so I'm going there shortly since it's noon.  By the time I finish shopping, I'll have had a free lunch from all the samples of soup, meat, potstickers, chicken nuggets, fruit juice, cookies, etc.

Seems like the samples run heavier on the weekends. Could be slim pickings today.

My son used to make the freebie rounds at Costco when he was little.  We try to stay disciplined when we go which is usually for paper products & vitamins/supplements.  

You can easily end up with hundreds of dollars of stuff you didn’t intend to buy and the samples make it hard to resist many items there.

12 minutes ago, 2Far said:

They used to do that at Harry's Market. Then Whole Foods bought them, then there was an empty salsa dish & a dirty spoon. Now there's a movie theater complex on the site.

In the 1960's they use to have free admission to Busch Gardens and give away free beer. Then the University of South Florida opened along the back edge of their property and it became a hangout for the college kids. Plus Disney World came into existence with their admission pricing model that Busch Gardens copied.

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

No post lunch report? You sir are disappointing the forum.

They had about 7 different things to sample. Those that stood out - in other words that I remember - were chickpea rotini, precooked chopped chicken breast pieces, chicken wontons, and cornbread muffins,

The funniest one was the chickpea rotini that was drowned in very good tasting Ragu pasta sauce.  The sample size was big, around 5 oz. and served in a paper container with a fork.  Everyone sampling it asked the woman serving it which pasta sauce it was and she'd answer, "It's Ragu, but I'm not promoting that. I'm promoting the chickpea pasta."  There was so much Ragu that it could have been paper rotini and we'd probably not have been able to detect the rotini's taste!  I don't think she sold much chickpea pasta which was something like $6.99 for 2 or 3 lbs.

• Heart 1