The Paul Hollywood / Mary Berry schism leaves me blue

Mr. Silly

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would think it all depends on the ratings of the show with him and without him.

All things considered, the three GBBO seasons with Prue instead of Mary have been just as good.  Same with the new duo (Noel & Sandi) vs the old duo (Sue & Mel).

Paul actually seems more relaxed in these newer seasons.

Just now, jsharr said:

No, she is still on the show.  She kicked him to the curb.  If the new format suffers rating wise, I imagine there will be some sort of make up arranged.  But I could be wrong as she seems very loyal to his ex wife.  

THE SHOW - the GBBO - is Paul & Prue.  Any other show doesn't matter.

Just now, Mr. Silly said:

Does he still rip apart the cake some contestant spent 4 hours making it look like their childhood home as if he were a 5 year old opening his presents on Christmas morning.

Have you not watched the last 3 seasons and the Christmas episodes yet?!? WTF?!?

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

No, the last season I've seen was when Candice won in 2016.  

I was hoping for a reunion Hollywood / Barry reunion.

Prue is very good, and Noel and Sandi are funny.  No loss in the changeover.

I would like to see folks make nice again, but the show itself has not suffered.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Prue is very good, and Noel and Sandi are funny.  No loss in the changeover.

I would like to see folks make nice again, but the show itself has not suffered.

As I understand it, Mary refused to move away from the BBC. Did she have harsh words for Paul as a result?  Did Sue and Mel just get cut out with the change over? Or did they also sacrifice themselves to honor the BBC?

Where is the Christmas episode? Netflix?

15 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

As I understand it, Mary refused to move away from the BBC. Did she have harsh words for Paul as a result?  Did Sue and Mel just get cut out with the change over? Or did they also sacrifice themselves to honor the BBC?

Where is the Christmas episode? Netflix?

Not sure what the real reasons were, but the shift from BBC was what caused the big shuffle, and only Paul (and the big white tent) continued.  No one was fired as far as I know. They simply quit in protest and/or solidarity.

The regular show, four Christmas shows (out of 6 made), and a "masterclass" series are all on Netflix.

• Awesome 1