Intereresting concept

bikeman564™

Two piece cleats for Look KEO. When replacing cleats I paint around the old cleat so I know where to position the new one.  But these two piece cleats can be removed one piece at a time so the new cleat can be positioned in the same location. I haven't installed these yet, so I'm not sure how they perform, but I'll be riding w/ them next year.

image.png.a376835623db69472e952876e1922c36.png

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Two piece cleats for Look KEO. When replacing cleats I paint around the old cleat so I know where to position the new one.  But these two piece cleats can be removed one piece at a time so the new cleat can be positioned in the same location. I haven't installed these yet, so I'm not sure how they perform, but I'll be riding w/ them next year.

Look KEO and "T***p" supporter?  I love you man!  :)

41 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Interesting... Any other benefits to a two piece design?

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Interesting.

I have no issues swapping cleats on/off a pair of shoes. My problem is matching a setup from an old pair to a new pair of shoes.  I couldn't get my newest shoes "perfect" despite being essentially the same as my old shoes.  I eventually just rolled back to the old pair, and will readdress the issue next year since it is too hard to tweak when not riding as much.

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

for aligning the new cleats after replacement. Because each piece is removed independently.

Which you said you can readily do already.  Do you think that was the sole reason for this new design? Or just one new benefit?

24 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not sure, but this was the cleat available so I bought it.

Speedplay changed their Zero cleats a couple years ago. I hate them. The old ones were simple, the new ones are not.  Dopey decision by Speedplay.  I only buy them because the old ones are no longer available.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Speedplay changed their Zero cleats a couple years ago. I hate them. The old ones were simple, the new ones are not.  Dopey decision by Speedplay.  I only buy them because the old ones are no longer available.

I'm not a fan of the KEO Blade system. POS IMO. They wear easily. I replaced the blades once. I'm probably going to get a pair of regular Looks w/ the spring mechanism eventually.