Uh oh...

Randomguy

Big meeting today at work to talk about "cultural shift" and process improvement plans, sales roles and responsibilities, and sales plans.  They cut the salary (completely) from one guy that came over in the acquisition I came over in, and reduced commissions.  I talked to him this weekend, he had strong opinions, reasonably so.

Should be fun!

This bullshit just sucks.

Yup, it does, or did.  I am unjobbed.  Of the 6 people that came over with the acquisition in January, there are 3 (including the guy who got word that his salary was eliminated on Friday), and the one now without salary is waiting to get his last commissions before he tells them to screw off on the 15th.  Of the other two, they shunted one into project management in February, but nobody knows what he is supposed to do (including him), and the other guy is looking.  

Sorry to hear this RG...well  can you stay at home and be Mr. Mom :nod head:   Or can you guys look outside of the NY area...or plans??? plans??  Plans???

Or is today a drink beer and figure it out day?

Yeah, I have baby duty today, so more of that in my future.  I can still get you your equipment, btw, I have a few vendor buddies to put deals through.  :)

I have been talking to the wife about moving out of New York since offspring was sprung.  She has to wait another year before she can move to another company, though.  She was just promoted to a program director (sounds good, pays squat), and she needs a year at that title before she feels she will be portable as a director, so I am stuck for the next year or so.

At least you have time to post on the forums.  (too soon?)

This is really making my whole morning sad.  When is your last day, yesterday?  Any severance?

Yeah, I should be able to post more, theoretically, but when I have the baby, computing is impossible.  She tries to take the mouse or climb on the laptop itself.

I wouldn't be sad on my account, though, I was really stressed out there almost the entire time after the first month.  There were a lot of things they did there that I didn't like and made no sense, but I figured this was someone else's game and I need to learn a new rulebook.  I won't miss it, and nobody had any fun there, so this is more inconvenient than anything else.  I talked to a recruiter a few weeks ago about a nice opportunity for me, but the job was in NJ, and there was no way I was gonna do that again.

if you can manage with the lost income, this could be a good thing, really

sometimes we have jobs that are slowly killing us and then when we get free, our outlook gets a lot better.

I never realized how miserable I really was at Pitt these last couple years until I found this job. Everybody I know has said how much happier I seem these days.

So you might feel the same way

How can they let you go?  You were in the company video!   :(

Sorry, RG.  Hope everything works out okay for you.

Yeah, I know!

The weird thing was that I was making them money, too (I was doing the best of the people that came over in the acquisition), way more than I was costing, and the other guy who they eliminated the salary for was, too.  The other guy lives a couple of hours away and has a local office, which they didn't like.  They asked him several times to commute to Manhattan and he always said no, that wasn't part of their agreement. The guy who I reported to (sales director) and I didn't get along very well the entire time I was there (6 months).   I didn't kiss ass at all and would point out things that could be improved, they weren't into that.

at the risk of sounding redundant, sorry to hear this RG.  never a good day

I hope they at least had a decent severance package.

Nope.  Despite being at the last company for more than 5 years then being acquired, they considered us all "new" employees.  I get squat.

Nope.  Despite being at the last company for more than 5 years then being acquired, they considered us all "new" employees.  I get squat.

that really sucks. When our company was acquired in 2001 they let us bring in our time.  Was not a huge deal for me at the time as I only had 2 years, but others had upwards of 10 years

Best of Luck on wherever this takes you RG.  They made a huge mistake letting you go.  I hope that they get group scissored by Rosie O'Donell and Whoopie Goldberg and Michael Moore.

I think you should open a Hot Scissoring Yoga Compound in the Catskills

• Heart 2

Crap...this news really sucks the big one. But...who knows...since you didn't seem to like it there, you now have the freedom to move forward without the worry of justifing time to those clowns. Thier loss...you move forward.

Best of luck to you.

I think you should open a Hot Scissoring Yoga Compound in the Catskills

I thought SuzieQ already opened one of those. :dontknow:  Is there enough of a market for two such businesses in that area?

Talented people always find work, RG.  I don't think you will be unjobbed for long.

For what it's worth, I did hear that the ShamWow! company was looking for a new TV sales personality...

I thought SuzieQ already opened one of those. :dontknow:  Is there enough of a market for two such businesses in that area?

Talented people always find work, RG.  I don't think you will be unjobbed for long.

For what it's worth, I did hear that the ShamWow! company was looking for a new TV sales personality...

He could replace Billy Mays for OxyClean!  :D

stay away from my turf!  This will all lead to something a lot better!