Making my own Goat milk

Prophet Zacharia

One year the high school softball team from suburbia that I coached played in an Easter Tournament at North Carroll High, up near the PA border and the playing fields were right at the edge of a bunch of farms.  The girls were most attracted to the goats that approached the fence behind the team bench. I had to point out the parts that ID'd the males from the females for some of them and got questions like, "Are you allowed to say "teats" in front of us?"

Our team's shortstop was the current homecoming queen, catcher the following year's queen, 3rd baseman the year after that's queen, a recent photo of our ace pitcher is below and our team ball bag including brushes, combs, mirrors, etc. because the girls wanted to look good.

The team from Littlestown, PA, High School had a bunch of big, healthy-looking, probably-farm girls on their team and began to make fun of our smaller, daintier girls using tools to brush dirt off their uniforms, combing their hair, etc. Their coach was in on some of it.  He surely wasn't aware that the Baltimore Sunpapers had us ranked #3 in all of Maryland in AAAA, the largest high school category. I wasn't a great coach but our county was THE state hotbed for girls' softball in the '90's and my team was in the top 10 every year I coached.

A slaughter rule was in force: if a team was ahead by 12 runs after 5 innings, the game could be called by mutual consent of the coaches.  At the end of 5 we were ahead 15-0 and the big farm girls were very quiet!  I asked the coach if he wanted to call it by the slaughter rule and, red faced and stunned at what our skinny girls were doing to his team, he rejected it.

I called my girls together and said, "Let them have it. Don't hold ANYTHING back."  The game ended 27-0. We enjoyed the Easter Tournament and the goats!

Here's a picture sent to me earlier this year by our shutout winning pitcher from that game. Jennifer could windmill pitch a softball 63 mph in high school and won a college sports scholarship. She didn't look like this in high school except for the excellent muscle tone in that raised right arm!

64260553_460864741342051_3027269984477773824_n.jpg.c4d16391aa7c6a6141868c5c16aec8e5.jpg

• Heart 1