December Photos

Tizeye

Aggressive photobombing. They demanded I take their picture and wouldn't leave until I did  when they saw me setting up to take a picture of the solo sax player. While the street was closed to traffic in downtown Winter Park, making a pedestrian walkway, was crowed later when the movie in the park (Grinch who Stole Christmas) ended. Most people (around 300+) were seated on the park grounds a block away watching the movie.

Tree Lighting - 2500px-44.jpg

Tree Lighting - 2500px-45.jpg

Tree Lighting - 2500px-41.jpg

• Heart 4

21 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Aggressive photobombing. They demanded I take their picture and wouldn't leave until I did  when they saw me setting up to take a picture of the solo sax player. While the street was closed to traffic in downtown Winter Park, making a pedestrian walkway, was crowed later when the movie in the park (Grinch who Stole Christmas) ended. Most people (around 300+) were seated on the park grounds a block away watching the movie.

Tree Lighting - 2500px-44.jpg

Tree Lighting - 2500px-45.jpg

You should have told the photobombers they they could find their picture on Square Wheels Forum. We could use some young blood in here.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shootingstar said:

There was huge local  bitching about the $22 million price tag for this pedestrian-bike bridge over the glacial turquoise Bow River.  But now it's done 7 yrs. ago, and....it is now photographed worldwide as part of city's branding image.  Even the biggest local humbug would grudgingly with secret pride, take visitors to see this cyclindrical bridge.

I coulda built that bridge for $21 millyun!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I always liked driving through Christmas..........never stopped.  Up next...........Midway.

I guess I should have explained a little. Christmas is an actual town deriving it's name from Ft Christmas (Seminole Indian War era) completed on Christmas Day. It is on of the main highways (SR50) leading to the beach or Kennedy Space Station. They have the perpetual Christmas/Manger display. The original post office is now preserved on the Fort Christmas pioneer village grounds. The 3rd generation US Post Office building on SR50 is active and a mecca for sending cards with the "Christmas, FL" postmark. Can't use the auto cancellation process and they set up a couple of self-service kiosk in the lobby with ink pad and official "Christmas" post office stamp for you (not a postal employee) to hand cancel each stamp on each card. Then a special box to deposit them in to avoid the auto process.

There is actually a very aggressive cycling group, typically about 40 riders, that does a 50 mile loop at constant speeds I wouldn't consider out to Christmas.

56 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

The West. I stayed in Shell WY the night before. And Burgess Junction that night. 

Different area than we were between West Yellowstone and Big Sky MT. 

• Heart 1