Best way to cook bacon

2Far

23 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Don't give a shit, that's my method :) Comes out nice & crispy, just the way I like it.

No, I care.  Oven is the only way I can cook it all at once so I can eat.  I guess if I had a big griddle, that would work (how I do it camping, though mine is only big enough for a half a package).

That's the part that matters, getting the bacon into my belly.  Any other method means my son can get to it while I am still cooking it reducing the amount of bacon I get.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I cook it in the oven on parchment paper & a cookie sheet. 400° for aboot 20 minutes :)

I'm going to try it on parchment paper. I always have a roll of it handy.

My brother swears by baking it at 400° but I don't think he uses parchment paper. I'll do it and compare notes.

I don't eat bacon very often - preferring Amy Lu's precooked chicken sausage (sold at Costco) which is 2/3 the cal. of Brown N Serve and tastes great.

When I'm hungry for bacon - usually with baked beans of a BLT sandwich, I've cooked it in a frying pan but am going to bake it in the oven on parchment paper next time.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My brother doesn't use parchment paper but swears by baking it at 400°.

I don't eat bacon very often - preferring Amy Lu's precooked chicken sausage (sold at Costco) which is 2/3 the cal. of Brown N Serve and tastes great.

When I'm hungry for bacon - usually with baked beans of a BLT sandwich, I've cooked it in a frying pan but am going to bake it in the oven next time.

there is no mess or splatter with the oven method :)

25 minutes ago, Don Cherry said:

Well, battered and deep fried is best.  We were keeping it healthy sounding for you. 

After eating whatever I wanted to for 73 years the piper has to be paid.  I've already outlived my genetics by a couple of decades with little else besides exercise.  Now that I'm slowing down a bit I'm doing the Satchel Page.

28 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Sure, now that I have to give up bacon a discussion starts on how to make it best.   :frantics:

I was assuming the "best way" was the healthiest way and was transforming bacon back into a nutritional superfood.

Please let your doctor know you've been cleared by the Cafe to resume eating bacon.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I was assuming the "best way" was the healthiest way and was transforming bacon back into a nutritional superfood.

Please let your doctor know you've been cleared by the Cafe to resume eating bacon.

I'd ask if I could quote you on that but.................that's probably a fast track to refusal.