What % of your workday..

Wilbur

High percentage, and did not use the internet for anything but work related projects when working. Did not have a laptop or an iphone, so any computer work could be easily traced with the history.  Keeping up required working at home, and on a day after a real busy night, I might lag in being 'johnny on the spot' the next morning. Did not accumulate many annual leave days, as many were taken to take care of the home place. Yes, I was one of those 'government' workers.

• Heart 2

I used to work in a union doing government work.  I was only there a day before I got the tap on the shoulder and "slow down".  Shortly after that I went on night shift.  Boss gave me a list of tasks and left.  I spent about 5 hours on the list, when he came back in the morning I gave him the work.  He told me that was for the week, I should have saved some of it because now I would have nothing to do for 4 days.  Never did get used to working like that

During a 7.5 hr. day shift because that's what I get paid for …  about 90% of the time.  Our computer screens face outward to other employees, walking by work cubicles and that includes boss.  Some timewasters are being put into a phone queue, software push upgrades, a non-functional scanner or employees talking.

We are also required to track our time use via a central online time tracking system including our services provided to other depts.  

And I am unionized staff.  There's all kinds of internal metrics dashboards on service delivery/activity in various depts. that are viewable across the entire organization.  Are people upset by this?  No,  Govn't has changed in certain depts..  We do have some baseline performance benchmarks for service turnaround time. 

My job or the jobs of others that get dumped in my lap :dontknow:

Actually, depends on the day...some days...like today...I was busy all day...However I had a dentist appointment and got there late...Sometimes lunch is almost unheard of...

Other days...and they are rare...I struggle to keep awake..90% of the time the day before a holiday is slow as a turtle....makes you wish you took an extra day...

Depends on the day. Today my lunch break was drive thru and eating the burger on the way to my next call. Later in the day it settled down and I was able to chat with some good clients about how they were doing after some major drama last week. Some days, I will take the “scenic route” from one call to another to clear my head. Sometimes I will take that route so the boss doesn’t create busy work if I am trying to research something at my desk.