My equipment blew its load with only one pull

Square Wheels

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I have a 4x4 truck, wife has an AWD SUV.  Go to work clean the snow up later when I feel motivated.

My wife requested I buy a snow blower. I've always been able to get out my driveway without clearing the snow all but one time in the Accord I had to have my neighbor pull me out with a team of draft horses. Since we have to make so many hospital trips and my wife isn't able to get around I agreed to buy one. I'm not looking forward to using it. I have a long driveway and blowing snow isn't any fun.

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My wife requested I buy a snow blower. I've always been able to get out my driveway without clearing the snow all but one time in the Accord I had to have my neighbor pull me out with a team of draft horses. Since we have to make so many hospital trips and my wife isn't able to get around I agreed to buy one. I'm not looking forward to using it. I have a long driveway and blowing snow isn't any fun.

Mine is hard to start in the Winter, but I can clear a driveway quickly.

20180614_200737.jpg

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Mine is hard to start in the Winter, but I can clear a driveway quickly.

20180614_200737.jpg

I've come home and found tracks from one of those in my cleared driveway. I phoned one neighbor who I know has one, to thank him and he denied doing it' The same tracks were in my Amish neighbor's driveway but I don't have his phone number. 

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Maybe ask if they have a phone shack at the church.

They don't have a church. They meet in their homes, it rotates around the community. Our Amish have big church every other Sunday and the off weeks they get together with another family. I'm pretty sure Andy Byler has a phone for calling a van for a ride but they don't talk about it. I think the phones are in the van drivers names.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I have a 4x4 truck, wife has an AWD SUV.  Go to work clean the snow up later when I feel motivated.

This.

When I drove a Buick Lacrosse there was always one or two incidents of being stuck in the driveway each year.  Embarrassing.  Though I did get my GMC Terrain stuck last year because I didn't back out straight and ended up in the 3 foot drift. Grrrr.

• Awesome 1

I can honestly not remember the last time I got stuck in snow in my vehicle.  

I take the back.  I used to drive a Jeep and dated a woman who lived in Las Colinas by the Cowboys old practice facility.

I left her place after we received some ice and snow to head to work.  Hit a patch of black ice and spun, hit a curb, got airborne, landed in a field, hit so hard it took the passenger side tires off the rims.  Just broke the bead, did not bend the rims even.

So I have been stuck in snow once.

I have never been stuck in snow in Ontario.    One of my neighbours owns a plow company so he has his guys do 6 driveways surrounding his house.  Mine is one of those.  :)   They also remove the swath the city plows leave at the end of the driveway.  I don't know how difficult their plows may be to start. :) 

I'm going to find out this morning.  The weather went crazy in the northeast last night dropping unheard of amounts of snow compared to the predictions.  I've been finding my snow boots and gloves this morning.  The snow blower is ready to go and all I have to dig out of storage now is the 100 ft extension cord.  I wish the hospital could have me wired for my stress test today instead of on the treadmill thursday.

• Hugs 2

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm going to find out this morning.  The weather went crazy in the northeast last night dropping unheard of amounts of snow compared to the predictions.  I've been finding my snow boots and gloves this morning.  The snow blower is ready to go and all I have to dig out of storage now is the 100 ft extension cord.  I wish the hospital could have me wired for my stress test today instead of on the treadmill thursday.

Wear your fitness tracker. And be careful out there. 

20 hours ago, Don Cherry said:

BR has you guys beat all to hell.  He drinks coffee and watches Mrs BR do it. 

I wish I still had the selfie of me in a bathrobe holding a cup of coffee and in the background was Wo46 shoveling snow. I lost the photo when my old phone died. 

But the story behind it was just 14 hours before that I was just released from a week long stay in the hospital. 

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

Wear your fitness tracker. And be careful out there. 

We seem to have far less snow in our driveway than surrounding areas just to our north and east.  The weather people were talking about "snow bands" and if you weren't in one you were lucky.  Perhaps 5" of fluffy here while to the north at the airport 18".  Womaxx had bought a new tool that was perfect for this storm.  It's about a double wide shovel on wheels with a handle like a lawn mower.  For fluffy to be pushed out of the way it was perfect.  

Alas that meant the snowblower will have to wait for another day to shoot.

• Hugs 1