Peleton ad

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

$2000+ is a lot for a coat rack!

Not sure how that interactive $39 a month thing works. From the add it apears to be like a big spin class. That would make it a coat rack. If it is more like the espresso bikes we had at the gym it would probably get used. I used to race a guy who lived in Australia. You could pick a course with as many hills as you wanted or pick a relatively flat course. You could go online andsee how your fitness/speed is doing compared to past weeks, months, years. The only problem with those bikes was the computers would crap out and it cost another $1600 to repair them.

20 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You could pick a course with as many hills as you wanted or pick a relatively flat course. You could go online andsee how your fitness/speed is doing compared to past weeks, months, years.

Sounds like the Computrainer software where a speed sensor would go from a lead on your rear chainstay to your PC with your bike on a stationary trainer. You would race against your previous best time, visualized as a second bike on the course. Probably less than $200, total, one time expense.*

*I see by 2007 they were selling kits that included the trainers, and that by the end of their run their prices were $1600, but those were definitely NOT the products I had.

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Sounds like the Computrainer software where a speed sensor would go from a lead on your rear chainstay to your PC with your bike on a stationary trainer. You would race against your previous best time, visualized as a second bike on the course. Probably less than $200, total, one time expense.*

*I see by 2007 they were selling kits that included the trainers, and that by the end of their run their prices were $1600, but those were definitely NOT the products I had.

42271EBE-1E24-4285-BFCF-69ABBF8A1B1B.thumb.jpeg.7674263f3e9cb700c16eddfc531d920c.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Indoor Cycling Bike Vs. Airdyne Bike

Because Airdyne bikes create their own air circulation, these stationary cycles offer options for workouts in small or enclosed spaces with little or no circulation, such as floor fans or windows. Most stationary bikes can cause riders to overheat more quickly than outdoor riding because of a lack of air or wind flow indoors. Airdyne bikes help mitigate this issue...

According to Fitness Obsession, the two moving handlebars on Airdyne bikes provide an arm and upper-body workout not often associated with other stationary bikes. Both Airdyne and Indoor cycling bikes afford users the traditional leg, lower-body and cardiovascular strengthening and conditioning that most stationary bikes provide....

Just now, Page Turner said:

Indoor Cycling Bike Vs. Airdyne Bike

Because Airdyne bikes create their own air circulation, these stationary cycles offer options for workouts in small or enclosed spaces with little or no circulation, such as floor fans or windows. Most stationary bikes can cause riders to overheat more quickly than outdoor riding because of a lack of air or wind flow indoors. Airdyne bikes help mitigate this issue...

According to Fitness Obsession, the two moving handlebars on Airdyne bikes provide an arm and upper-body workout not often associated with other stationary bikes. Both Airdyne and Indoor cycling bikes afford users the traditional leg, lower-body and cardiovascular strengthening and conditioning that most stationary bikes provide....

You probably miss this guy:

• Heart 1

• 9 months later...
19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Are you planning on getting a peloton for Christmas this year to go with your coronavirus and seasonal affective disorder?

Good luck! 

Although, isn't Amazon offering a lower priced knock-off?  My brothers said that Peloton lowered their price and added an upgraded version with a bigger screen.  I guess, when viewing a hot chick leading a spin class, a bigger screen is better!

Whoops!

image.png.785c4ddf6d8e1f6326e98a6906102485.png