Temp is getting stupid around here

Dirtyhip

98 today ...  :(

Had to cancel my afternoon girl's MTB ride today.  I can't handle that kind of heat on a ride.

Before the AZ people chime in and call me weak, you must remember that I am sensitive to heat for a pretty valid reason.

I recall why you are sensitive to heat, DH.  For the record we (meaning both clubs I ride with) start our summer rides early, as in 5:30 - 6:30.  After the monsoon starts the temps can still be anywhere from 85-95 then, with the dew point above 60.   I might ride when the temp is close to or above 100, but not at workout intensity.

For this time of year, they really haven't been to bad, though have ran my AC more than I like to.

Really hasn't been too bad here...we hit 93F for the highest so far this year...but we're heading into the dog days.....we'll see 96F today, and I'm sure we'll have at least one day of 100F+ before summer closes out. 

Supposed to be 93 here today.  The fun begins this weekend when the tropical system is supposed to come right through here.   :(

Duct tape a broom handle to that wheel chair and add a small sail and you could have a lot of fun in an empty parking lot.  Jfarrrrrt could give you some lessons on tacking so you don't have to hire someone to push you back to your starting point.

• Heart 1

OMG, you people are killing me! I'm more comfortable with Minnesota-type temps like Scott and PP are talking about. Then again I am in the Yoop. We may have gotten up to 80 today, but our thermometer is a little off/generous. Supposed to be in 50's tonight.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....   :)

OMG, you people are killing me! I'm more comfortable with Minnesota-type temps like Scott and PP are talking about. Then again I am in the Yoop. We may have gotten up to 80 today, but our thermometer is a little off/generous. Supposed to be in 50's tonight. Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... :)

its 110 now, and I'm enjoying a cold beer in the shade after a lazy ride.

If it was 50 here, I'd be freezing.