So, there’s no deactivating a FB account.

MoseySusan

I deactivated months ago, but have been getting steady emails from Facebook, usually Group notifications. 

Today I received several notices that I’ve posted content that goes against their standards. Of course, I haven’t. And I hope nobody else has while using my deactivated account. 

But the only way to find out is to log into FB again. ? Corruption and lies, lies and corruption. Frauds are in the lowest ring of Dante’s Inferno. 

• Sad 1

I closed out two Facebook accounts. For awhile I got emails from FB wanting me to reopen one of my accounts. The one account was stupid, google required me to open a new FB account when my wife bought me an android phone. I could still get into my old account from any device except my new phone. I got rid of that stupid thing and got an iPhone. End of problem. I closed that FB account.

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

I deactivated months ago, but have been getting steady emails from Facebook, usually Group notifications. 

Today I received several notices that I’ve posted content that goes against their standards. Of course, I haven’t. And I hope nobody else has while using my deactivated account. 

But the only way to find out is to log into FB again. ? Corruption and lies, lies and corruption. Frauds are in the lowest ring of Dante’s Inferno. 

People are fraudulently stealing others peoples names left and right on Facebook even if they haven't deactivated an account.

A year or so ago, a pop-up window on my Firefox browser informed me my cousin Linda wanted to become a Facebook friend. I OK'd it and soon it came to me that Linda had already been a friend.  I went to the Facebook page - it was an imposter - but it had stolen the main Facebook picture the real Linda uses on her real Facebook page. It did not have the large library of pictures and other friends the real Linda's page did, but otherwise looked the same - the URL turned out to be one decimal point different than Linda's real Facebook page.

Soon after looking at the fake page, a message box appeared pretending to be Linda, using Linda's logo, and trying to get me to provide information for what was obviously a scam:

564539085_Capture1namelimited.JPG.b4865800dc4f36ba504345ce87978c47.JPG

I kept the conversation going and then decided to expose the faker.  Linda's brother Tommy had died a few month's previously, so I asked "How's your brother Tommy?"

2027319529_Capture2namelimited.JPG.87e9c5167a196e5315374fb0cf9325cd.JPG

I  confronted the faker who protested "she" was the real Linda, etc. but clearly was not.

I reported it to Facebook - there's a box for it that's more easily found by looking for it's location with a Google search - and within two minutes, I tried to load the fake page and got this:

Capture5.JPG.0aaf3f02a9eac195d400564005afed05.JPG

I was lucky to have done screen captures of the fake page, the stuff listed above and some additional stuff before Facebook took it down so I could email the pics to Linda and tell her about the fake page and that I killed it.

• Heart 1

I  don't have a Facebook account. (shocker...I have no friends) But I do have an Amazon Prime account. I want to drop Prime for 2 years. It re ups in December. I try to log in & take my cc off the account. Nope. Won't let me log in. Says they will send a one time password to my e mail. Never appears. I have tried at least 6 times over the past year. In spite of the fact I did receive the e mail notifying me of a price increase on Prime  I guess there is no deactivating Prime either

FU Jeff Bezos

19 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I  don't have a Facebook account. (shocker...I have no friends) But I do have an Amazon Prime account. I want to drop Prime for 2 years. It re ups in December. I try to log in & take my cc off the account. Nope. Won't let me log in. Says they will send a one time password to my e mail. Never appears. I have tried at least 6 times over the past year. In spite of the fact I did receive the e mail notifying me of a price increase on Prime  I guess there is no deactivating Prime either

FU Jeff Bezos

That’s ridiculous. Frauds. 

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

FU Jeff Bezos

Call your credit card company and decline the charge if Prime won’t assist you in cancelling.

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Call your credit card company and decline the charge if Prime won’t assist you in cancelling.

That is the plan now. There is some confusion as I have 2 AMZ accounts, since they F'd up the first one. I use the other (non Prime) account for downloading Kindle library books. That's all. My AMZ boycott is about to go viral....

I think Jeff is about to capitulate as Mackenzie took half of everything he owns and now he has a new squeeze to impress. That means dinners out & going to exciting events....$$$$.  It's heck being poor