Was there a ride report on the new wheels that I missed?

Randomguy

Yes you missed it.  It said something like.  I rode 10 minutes on the new wheels.  They were great.  * END * 

Were they round?

Did they support the weight of the bike and rider?

What else needs to be known?

Nope, I guess I don't know how to write a review like that.

I did a little research and found these catch phrases that I think I am supposed to use.

The lateral stiffness was greatly increased over my prior wheels.  WTF does that mean?  Seriously, what were you riding before, a Walmart bike, or wheels with spokes made of spaghetti?  The wheels did not bend and scuff my frame, I guess that had the proper amount of lateral stiffness.

They spun up significantly faster than the stock wheels.  OK, now I'm just making shit up.  Unless the stock wheels were made out of steel and the tubes filled with sand, no normal human being would ever be able to detect this.  They are round and spun just fine.

They have excellent vertical compliance for carbon wheels.  I guess if my prior wheels had 50 spokes and these only had 5 I'd have something to say about this.

I mean really, who makes this kind of crap up.

Layman's review of really pissa wheels

They are really pissa.

Why?  Because the look pissa.

But, but, ... yes, they will make me faster.  Can I hold a pace of 20+ for a few miles, sure, will the wheels help, possibly.  Will they make me slower, absolutely not.  Can I hold a pace of 25+ for a mile or so, maybe.  Again, these won't hurt there either.

I think my two key points for nice wheels is they make the bike look a lot nicer and that alone will make me ride it harder.  Plus they can't be slower than the wheels I have.

I did make one mistake that almost cost me dearly.  When I mount tires I have a bad habit of pulling on the stem to seat the tube against the rim.  That may have been OK with the stock wheels as the distance from the edge of the rim to the rim tape was pretty far and the tires mount pretty deep.  With these it is not far at all.  The tires sit pretty high.  When I filled the tires with air they were almost imperceptibly bulging at the stems.  I guess I forgot to go back and check that out.  On my way to work yesterday I blew the front tire right off the rim, or at least about a foot of it.  Since it's a long commute I always have 2 tubes, 2 CO2 and a pump.  I saw how I screwed it up, fixed it and moved on.  I had just crossed the street and got on a sidewalk, so I was going very slow.  I got lucky, there is a hill on the way home that I typically got about 35 on.  That would have sucked.

There, that is my review.  I suggest everyone buy that one part or one bike that makes them want to ride it really hard.

• Heart 1

Your review sucks, you need to rewrite it.  Tell us if things felt different, if it felt you went faster, and quantify the fasterness, and tell us if it felt like you were riding with a sparkler stuck up your ass or something.

If it was anybody but SW, I would say that he can't because he probably didn't actually perceive much difference and he is not going to admit that he spent a buttload of money on something that has a poor cost-to-reward relationship.  But SW is an honest guy, so this must not be the case.   :D

Nope, I guess I don't know how to write a review like that.

I did a little research ...

There, that is my review.  I suggest everyone buy that one part or one bike that makes them want to ride it really hard.

I give your rant a 1.73 on a scale of eleventy.

However, I do give you 957 jsharr points for taking valuable time to type that all up for our consumption.  The Russian judge gave you a lower score, but since we always toss the lowest score you still get the 957.

• Heart 2

I give your rant a 1.73 on a scale of eleventy.

I figured someone would give me a rant rating sooner or later.  I don't feel it was a rant though.

Do they make me faster?  Unless I did wind tunnel testing, there is no way to really prove it.  I feel faster, I like them better, they make the bike look faster.  How can I possibly be slower?

Do they make me faster?  Unless I did wind tunnel testing, there is no way to really prove it.

That is absolute and utter bullcrap.  You are a frickin' laboratory on newer wheels!  You have been riding long enough to look at you average speeds over time on your personal time trial course, strap on the new wheels and put your head down and go.  I can't believe I am telling you to do this, but ctfo, man, don't dodge this one!

I figured someone would give me a rant rating sooner or later.  I don't feel it was a rant though.

I truly felt bad assigning a rating of 1.73, but I could tell your heart just wasn't in it.

Perhaps if you bought some carbon fiber fenders and gave an acceptable review rant on those we could give you some extra credit.