Ordered an Instapot

Dirtyhip

27 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Been mulling it for a long while.  Received 50% off and an additional $5 coupon.  

Not sure what I will make first.  Likely, rice.  Then, some yogurt.  I am quite excited about this.  

See this is what is wrong with society today.  Everyone in a rush to get things in an instant!  What happened to cooking over an open fire?  

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

See this is what is wrong with society today.  Everyone in a rush to get things in an instant!  What happened to cooking over an open fire?  

What happened to not cooking stuff at all??? Jeebus. Why make a complicated process even more complicated?!?!?!

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That would imply that I am responsible for making dinner and shame me for being inadequate in my efforts or skills.

A challenge to your masculinity is good.  Think Gordon Ramsey beotches about making dinner every night? Nope. And then he shags the latest "flavor".  See, even really unattractive dudes who can cook can get some action!

IOW, you WANT and NEED an Instapot!

34 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A challenge to your masculinity is good.  Think Gordon Ramsey beotches about making dinner every night? Nope. And then he shags the latest "flavor".  See, even really unattractive dudes who can cook can get some action!

IOW, you WANT and NEED an Instapot!

“We constantly hear from our members how their lives have been meaningfully and positively impacted after purchasing or being gifted a [strikethrough]netipot[/strikethrough] Instapot, often in ways that surprise them," a company spokesperson said in an email.

We have an Instant Pot.

It's a pressure cooker. We grew up to the sound of a pressure cooker whistling away on the stove. It will take a cheap, tough cut of meat, and make it tender.

The trick with them is add the things that get cooked out (like spices and veggies that can get too soft) halfway through the cooking. Or more than halfway.

Different companies make them, some are better than others. The one I have is annoyingly hard to get the lid on. I'd prefer an old fashioned one that was made a little tougher. But they don't do that.

You still need to soak beans, but a pressure cooker is a great way to cook them. 

They are good for making bone broth, but most places charge way too much for soup bones these days.

9 minutes ago, late said:

We have an Instant Pot.

It's a pressure cooker. We grew up to the sound of a pressure cooker whistling away on the stove. It will take a cheap, tough cut of meat, and make it tender.

The trick with them is add the things that get cooked out (like spices and veggies that can get too soft) halfway through the cooking. Or more than halfway.

Different companies make them, some are better than others. The one I have is annoyingly hard to get the lid on. I'd prefer an old fashioned one that was made a little tougher. But they don't do that.

You still need to soak beans, but a pressure cooker is a great way to cook them. 

They are good for making bone broth, but most places charge way too much for soup bones these days.

Spices should always get added towards the end or the cooking process.  Otherwise, they get bitter and burnt. 

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Ah, the throwaway society strikes again!

My rice cooker lasted 10 years.  I was super sad when it broke.  We ran it all the time. 

Things we have never thrown out:  plastic diapers, broken and old plastic kids toys, car seats, and other disposable kids items.  My footprint can afford this impact hit.  :nyanya: