Should I cave an eat?

Randomguy

I am hungry, but fat and am a water bag.  I haven't eaten since last night, so that is good, but I am hungry, and that is bad.  Want stuff to eat, like pizza with pre-grated and self-grated cheese.

I am in a mood.  Food would make the immediate problem go away and make it future-RG's problem to lose the bigness.

I am not fit to make my own decisions now because I am so tired and in a crappy mood.  What say you?

• Haha 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

I am hungry, but fat and am a water bag.  I haven't eaten since last night, so that is good, but I am hungry, and that is bad.  Want stuff to eat, like pizza with pre-grated and self-grated cheese.

I am in a mood.  Food would make the immediate problem go away and make it future-RG's problem to lose the chunk.

I am not fit to make my own decisions now because I am so tired and in a crappy mood.  What say you?

Get Chinese, that way you can be hungry again in two hours and get over the guilt.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Get Chinese, that way you can be hungry again in two hours and get over the guilt.

I set out not to eat this weekend until Sunday, but I am tired and crabby and unproductive.

Eating might make that better, but I am not sure, it might make me lazy.  On the other hand, I am lazy already.

4 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Just eat bacon

Streaky bacon sounds good.   I can't have it, though, it gives me reflux.

Last night I made a pizza with ham, asparagus, broccoli, self-grated cheddar, and pre-grated mozzerella.  It was good.  I want that again, but am out of asparagus.

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Drink some tomato juice. V8 no salt added

I am caving.  Spiral sliced ham that should be better, roasted but mostly unsalted cashews, a tiny bark thins cocunut/darkchocolate with almonds, plus that thing in the oven with potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and lots of cheese.  This is for potassium, you see.

My day's calories will be about 1,100.  Oh well, it could be worse.  When this thing comes out of the oven and gets consumed, I will go for a walk that I don't want to go on.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Celery, grapefruit, lettuce, carrots,  and the lime ...

...for some reason this year, the lime crop has been bountiful. There's a 5 gallon bucket of them sitting on the front porch now.  I think I'll make pie tomorrow. Plenty of people have gotten fat on lime meringue pie. :) 

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, groupw said:

We stopped at a taco truck. Got 2 tacos each and took them to a local brewery that allows walk-in food and each had a beer. Cheap. Tasty. Calories weren’t terrible. Our beer cost more than the tacos!

I have never seen a place where you can bring your own food. 

5 hours ago, Airehead said:

I have never seen a place where you can bring your own food. 

All the microbreweries in New Jersey are like that.  I guess they don't need a 'spensive liquor license like restaurants do, so it is pretty darn nice!  Before the latest microbrewery craze we only had restaurants like Iron Hill that brewed their own beer, now we have both,

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

All the microbreweries in New Jersey are like that.  I guess they don't need a 'spensive liquor license like restaurants do, so it is pretty darn nice!  Before the latest microbrewery craze we only had restaurants like Iron Hill that brewed their own beer, now we have both,

I guess restaurant inspections and licenses are a giant expensive pain in the ass, then you gotta staff the food service part, too.  

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I guess restaurant inspections and licenses are a giant expensive pain in the ass, then you gotta staff the food service part, too.  

Yup!  And there has to be quite a profit in selling $6 and $7 12 ounce beers with little staff!  The real goldmine is the local winery that is always jampacked all summer long.  It has a nice outdoor seating area that I think attracts people.  Then they charge a fortune for wine, I think aboot $20 minimum per bottle, but wineries are apparently allowed to sell cheese and cracker type stuff also at a tremendous profit!  Boutique drinking has become quite the success here!

10 hours ago, groupw said:

We stopped at a taco truck. Got 2 tacos each and took them to a local brewery that allows walk-in food and each had a beer. Cheap. Tasty. Calories weren’t terrible. Our beer cost more than the tacos!

They said a proper, health inspection approved kitchen will cost around $50,000-100,000. That doesn’t even cover fighting in a very tight service employee market. Letting people bring in their own food, or asking a food truck to park out front are a lot easier. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

We have a couple of brew pubs that pair with specific food trucks on particular nights on a recurrent basis. Thursdays  may be tacos, Saturdays brick oven pizza, etc. It seems popular.

There is an open-air place in Boulder called the “Rayback Collective”. It has a permanent bar, yes, and at least 4 or 5 food trucks.  It is fun on summer nights. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Who the fuck doesn't like yolks?  Morans.  The yolks are also the healthiest part.

If someone is avoiding fat, they avoid the yollk.  I eat one egg, the whole thing.

Although, I checked out the Swank diet for MS.  Giving it another look.  It forbids red meat, butter, egg yolks, and full fat cheese and yogurt products.  I think the first year you can't have any red meat or pork.  Then, you can introduce small portions.  Some people swear it just about cured their MS.  I am skeptical.  My MS has been very controlled for the last ten years.  My neuro is happy with me.  I just want to stay as healthy and ambulatory as I can, for as long as I can.

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It forbids red meat, butter, egg yolks, and full fat cheese and yogurt products. 

This seems spurious to me.  It seems to have a thing against protein and fat.  I can understand the avoiding the calories in fat as a goal, but everything I have seen indicates that fat is good for you in the proper amounts.  Some diets are half fat at least, and many lean people swear by them.  I have never seen evidence of any sort that says dairy is bad for you, except for the lactose intolerant.  I am not saying it would be the same for MS patients, but just in general.

Anyway, if you write a book like this, you have to have the answers as to why you are avoiding some things, and thereby claim you have knowledge that others do not, professional others.  There may be reasons, maybe the authors have unique research skills, or have found that standard wisdom does not stand up to scrutiny or somesuch.  Dunno.  You seem to be doing fine.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This seems spurious to me.  It seems to have a thing against protein and fat.  I can understand the avoiding the calories in fat as a goal, but everything I have seen indicates that fat is good for you in the proper amounts.  Some diets are half fat at least, and many lean people swear by them.  I have never seen evidence of any sort that says dairy is bad for you, except for the lactose intolerant.  I am not saying it would be the same for MS patients, but just in general.

Anyway, if you write a book like this, you have to have the answers as to why you are avoiding some things, and thereby claim you have knowledge that others do not, professional others.  There may be reasons, maybe the authors have unique research skills, or have found that standard wisdom does not stand up to scrutiny or somesuch.  Dunno.  You seem to be doing fine.

You can have fat in things like olive oil, avocado, canola, etc.  You can have non-fat yogurt and dairy.  It's the saturated fat.  They also forbid processed food.  That makes sense.  They want you to limit the saturated fat 15 grams.  It's actually like the healthy eating protocol.  I am not saying I am going to follow this religiously, I am taking a look.  I do think that too much saturated fat is a bad thing.  People in the USA get way too much of it.  Personally, I believe that a reasonable eating plan is best.  Like lots of veg, healthy grains, and reasonable amounts of meat and dairy.  Sweets should likely be kept in tight controls. 

The diet was created by a Neurologist.  Looking at the diet, I pretty much eat this way anyway.  I just want to look at it a little deeper.  I don't like restrictive diets either, and that includes Paleo, Keto, GF, vegan, etc.  

I am doing fine.  I attribute this to working hard at it all the time with exercise, diet and positive thinking.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

The diet was created by a Neurologist.  Looking at the diet, I pretty much eat this way anyway.  I just want to look at it a little deeper.  I don't like restrictive diets either, and that includes Paleo, Keto, GF, vegan, etc.  

How does it line up with the TW protocol?

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

TW protocol is basically paleo.  Not sure about either of these.  I am not a fan of Paleo, as I believe it has too much meat and fat.  People can make their own choice for diet and life.  

I didn't think it was paleo, she went MASSIVE into the leafy greens, like 8 cups a day or somesuch, I think.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Not sure.  I am just reading about both.  It can't hurt to learn what has worked for others

TW's has logical thoughts and ideas that are connected to suppositions and sound theory, as well as to anecdotal experimentation.  I think the rest may be some level of accidental paleo in getting rid of processed anything.  She seemed super smart in the TED talk and what I have read.

It is a LOT of greens, though.

22 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am in a mood.  Food would make the immediate problem go away and make it future-RG's problem to lose the bigness.

Try to eat in moderation or something low in calories but filling like vegetable soup where the condensed soups are around 220 Cal or Ramen Noodle Soup which are 380 Cal.  I was busy in the middle of the day yesterday and skipped lunch and then pigged-out with dinner.  I should have had soup for a late lunch!

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

TW's has logical thoughts and ideas that are connected to suppositions and sound theory, as well as to anecdotal experimentation.  I think the rest may be some level of accidental paleo in getting rid of processed anything.  She seemed super smart in the TED talk and what I have read.

It is a LOT of greens, though.

It does seem this way.  I have to wonder if some of the diets are crafted in a way that the writer of such enjoys. Like someone sensitive to wheat is never going to suggest bread.  The swank diet says you can eat as much bread as you want, so long as it is low fat. They also mentioned you can have as much low fat dairy as you want.  Seems odd.  Doubt I will follow either of them religiously so.  Just reading and looking at recipes that I may enjoy.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't think it was paleo, she went MASSIVE into the leafy greens, like 8 cups a day or somesuch, I think.

...if you are talking about 8  cups of loosely chopped, raw green leafy stuff, that's not a huge amount. I don't do it daily, but there are certainly days when I eat that much leafy greens.  That stuff cooks down to a lot more compact size when you cook it. And I can polish off an 8 cup salad size off lettuce and other stuff without even burping afterward.  We're in the winter greens season here now.  I probably use three or four cups of raw spinach cooked down with mushrooms and a little bacon as the filling for one two egg omelette.

Just now, Page Turner said:

...if you are talking about 8  cups of loosely chopped, raw green leafy stuff, that's not a huge amount. I don't do it daily, but there are certainly days when I eat that much leafy greens.  That stuff cooks down to a lot more compact size when you cook it. And I can polish off an 8 cup salad size off lettuce and other stuff without even burping afterward.  We're in the winter greens season here now.  I probably use three or four cups of raw spinach cooked down with mushrooms and a little bacon as the filling for one two egg omelette.

...of course, I'm pretty healthy, mostly.