Car Detailing

BuffJim

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Not sure if I’m lazy or generous, but I’m having my car detailed before giving it, with the payments, to BuffCarla. 

Drove it three years without cleaning the interior. 

Sounds like you are both, way above the Vicki Mendoza diagonal!  What a shame you didn't enjoy those years of a clean interior. It is a joy. 

• Heart 1

I'd all but given up washing Blue with work being so dusty or muddy. But I was horrified when I recently opened Blue's hood for the first time in years to check the wiper fluid. I couldn't see anything due to the dirt and grime. :(

You'd think the dealer would mention it when they change the oil.  

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Not sure if I’m lazy or generous, but I’m having my car detailed before giving it, with the payments, to BuffCarla. 

Drove it three years without cleaning the interior. 

My Honda Fit came with a thin, double pinstripe running the length of the car. It was a decal-type, not painted on, and one side began to peel after 3 years and the dealer replaced it.  Both sides are good now after 7 years.

21 hours ago, team scooter said:

I'd all but given up washing Blue with work being so dusty or muddy. But I was horrified when I recently opened Blue's hood for the first time in years to check the wiper fluid. I couldn't see anything due to the dirt and grime. :(

You'd think the dealer would mention it when they change the oil.  

They did mention it. They told you that you needed new (dealer overpriced) air filter which you declined thing will pick some up at Walmart. Never did or would have noticed how dirty the engine bay was earlier...and perhaps washed it down.

29 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

This fall I went to haul something in the Oddesey and when I put the third row of seats down I found hundreds of candy wrappers. I had never been between the third row and the second row.

I can understand not getting in the 3rd row seat. Was considering renting a 7 seater when both kids and grandchildren are here at the same time over Christmas. The Oddesey (and rental favorites Pacifica and Caravan) would work OK - and the Pacifica did last year as quite roomy.) Then there are the intermediate size 7 seater SUV's. VW's new Atlas looked tempting so went to the VW showroom to look at it. As luck would have it sales staff were in a staff meeting so could adjust seats and climb around unmolested. Threw my knee out aggravating existing swollen issue (ortho appt Dec 12th) with the contortions exiting the 3rd row and went limping out the showroom.   

• Haha 1

When it was the five year old’s turn to go with me on A Sunday she got in the car and buckled herself in a booster seat in the center of the second row of seats. We drove to the restaurant twenty miles away. Went in and picked up our food that had been ordered and when she climbed back in the car she stopped and was looking over the back of her sear and just stared. I asked her what she was looking at. She said: “Isn’t there supposed to be a row of seats back there?” She had never seen the Oddesey with the third row stowed away.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1