Mid-Year Mileage check

Former member

not really having a good mileage year. my knee is acting up. I'm only riding 50-75 miles a week now. no idea how many miles for the year. I've had a good time riding most all of them, though

1818 so far, I'm behind schedule. I'm hoping for 4,000 this year. That will be my best so far.

2011 151
2012 1142
2013 2795
2014 1818 (so far)

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

how many days do you bike to work each week?

If I lived and worked where you do, I'd try to bike to work Tuesday - Thursday(weather permitting), and do a long ride on Saturday. I hate running, but you could do your runs on Monday and Friday in the Fens.

On Sunday you could observe the Sabboth;)

I try for 2 days a week. If I can work it out I'll do 3. Running is very new to me. I'm using it to hopefully be a stronger rider.

running sucks, but it would give you a workout on the days you drive to work.

I used to commute from Danvers to Watertown. If I left the house at 6:30am, I got to work at 7. If I left the house at 7am, I'd be lucky to be there by 9.

Boston traffic sucks.

I've been doing it for 23 years. It's so much worse now than it was even after the 15 billion dollar but dig.

my fiancé was killed by a drunk driver on the SEX(in 1993). The last time I was in Boston I walked right by the area where she was killed, and it didn't even hit me until I got on the ferry to Logan. That road is just gone now.

my fiancé was killed by a drunk driver on the SEX(in 1993). The last time I was in Boston I walked right by the area where she was killed, and it didn't even hit me until I got on the ferry to Logan. That road is just gone now.

Whoa.  So sorry.  Damn, that sucks.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what is it's like to live with that pain .

the hardest thing about getting past it is, that in my memories she is perfect, and no one will ever be as good.

I know it's stupid, but it's common for people that have experienced the same situation.