An ugly par is still a par.

tybeegb

Playing golf today.  Front nine; horrible.  Some good shots.  Mostly bad shots.  10th hole, 298 yards.  Short par 4 with strategically placed traps that force you to carry your drive that far, lay up, or bail out to the right.    Three others in the group.  I'm up last, of course.  Boom.  Boom.  Boom.  All three hit it out there either pin high to the right, or within short chips.  Me?  I top the ball, which gouges a valley out of the tee box and I end up just past the lady's tee, probably 50 yards out. 

248 to the green.  3 metal.  Nail it.  Just short between the traps, in the fringe, maybe 40 feet from the pin.  Clunk.  Clunk.  Clunk.  All three other guys blade their shots either way over the green, or down in the rough behind it.  I wait.  They chip.  Twice.  I chip.  Three feet away.  They two putt for bogies, or worse.  I tap in for my par.  That's golf for you.  If you can reach the green, there's always a chance it could go in the hole.  From anywhere. 

For me - front nine 49.  Back nine 41 (with a triple bogey on a really hard par 4).

But, a bad day at golf is still better then a good day at work.  Oh, wait.  I'm retired.   :) 

What do you just say?  Does this have anything to do with the World Cup?  I'm not watching the World Cup.

No. I wasted what, three hours watching USA jog around the pitch, or whatever it's called. Talk about lackadaisical!  If not for Tim Howard, it would have been 10 to nil.  Not that I know a lot about soccer/futbol, but damn, run when you need to run and don't figure the other guys will get there so you don't have to exert yourself.  :angry:

I hit a few golf balls the other day.. Only 15 went where I wanted them out of a large bucket I bought... Not bad for not picking up my clubs for 8years. Granted my son was hitting the 50 yard mark for it being his second time......

I wanted to punch him!

I'm not up much on golf, so this is probably a silly question:

Did the first shot count towards par if you then tee off from the ladies' tee?  Or do you start counting over from there?

;)

Not quite like this.  :lol: