Do you eat horseradish and ham together?

Dottleshead

As I mentioned recently in another post, horseradish is my main condiment with ham.

Recently, I was looking for better-than Heluva Good horseradish, which isn't as hot as it used to be, and found both of the excellent Gold's and Kelchner's horseradish in a small chain supermarket called Geresbeck's (formerly Box N Save) in Pasadena, Maryland, where I always go for fresh kielbasa.  There, I also ran across this "Polish style mustard with horseradish" that I got for something like $2.99 for the 12 oz. bottle, which is listed online as $19.99 for the 9 oz. and $22.99 for the 12 oz. bottle. It's made by a Polish-American family business in Pennsylvania, is widely available there and also in "select Giant Food Stores." The reviews are 5-star raves and I can't wait to taste it on my next ham sandwich:

352599428_PiludskiPolishStyleMustardwithHorseradisharound2.99atGeresbeckisorGiant.JPG.7a03f3c752fa4dc31a0660f10b3d8ab3.JPG

• Heart 2

Easter soup at my in-laws was a sour pork soup base, (pork loin cooked in vinegar) with a bunch of stuff to add to your bowl.

Kielbasi, ham, diced bread, hard boiled eggs, some stuff I've forgotten, and a bowl of fresh grated horse radish.

I always added a big spoonful of the horseradish    :loveshower:

They made a huge pot of the soup, probably 3 gallons, and lots of the fixings, there would be at least a dozen people around the table for the first serving, after Easter mass, and more folks dropping in through the day.