They

Square Wheels

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Hey @jsharr.... why does @Kzoo not have a 'Kz' substring appended to the left of those avatar eyes?  It's almost like you've lost interest.

There is a big difference between some ignorant wood pecker bullying owl and dear, sweet, clean, precious Sabine.  It is bad enough he has usurped the image for his avatar.

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Merriam Webster's Word of the Year.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/word-of-the-year/they

Don't make this thread political.

Stupid in this use, 'they' denotes more than one individual.  "It" is far better, as it signifies the one.  Anyway, dumb, and it causes word-contortion and bad-english farts.

First name will be constantly used, as I will not use they in this sense, because of the utter wrongness involved.  Not because I am opposed to not using the wrong word for their preference, but because the wrong word certainly will be used now, and every time.

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...when I first saw the announcement in the news, I was certain it must be about those people. Then, after I read it, I realized it was about some other people. That's how they fool you.

We're supposed to read linked articles?  I thought we were on the internet where you share your uninformed opinions and are treated as an authority on the subject.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

We're supposed to read linked articles?  I thought we were on the internet where you share your uninformed opinions and are treated as an authority on the subject.

Wiki links are best.  They make total incompetents think they know what they are talking about.