Update on the dog bite

Chris...

• 3 years later...

Update: Her leg is healed with ugly scars. 

Insurance company update: The dog owners homeowners insurance offered her $12,50. Obviously we said fuck off. That wouldn't even cover the E.R. bill. They stood their ground, a decision they would come to regret. We went to an attorney for advice. He took over and wrote some scathing E-mails with pictures and videos attached. He told us that any contact would now be between him and the insurance representative. The very next day the insurance rep E-mailed my daughter and offered her $50k, an unethical move on their part. We told the lawyer, he called them and read them the riot act. Said he would see them in court unless they settled for $150k. They agreed. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Insurance company update: The dog owners homeowners insurance offered her $12,50. Obviously we said fuck off. That wouldn't even cover the E.R. bill. They stood their ground, a decision they would come to regret. We went to an attorney for advice. He took over and wrote some scathing E-mails with pictures and videos attached. He told us that any contact would now be between him and the insurance representative. The very next day the insurance rep E-mailed my daughter and offered her $50k, an unethical move on their part. We told the lawyer, he called them and read them the riot act. Said he would see them in court unless they settled for $150k. They agreed. 

It is nice that it is settled and over, and scars have character, so there is that.  Did she spend it responsibly on hookers and blow, or do something stupid like save/invest it or to help buy a place to live?

31 minutes ago, Chris... said:

How much of that did the lawyer get to keep? 

3 minutes ago, Chris... said:

She got new windows and siding for her house and paid some off of the principal. 

How much of her medical bills did she have to cover, or did the insurance cover most of that as well?  Other than the scars, is she fully healed? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 9:54 AM, Chris... said:

Wow, they sure blew that one!  

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I had a crappy lawyer.  I got a paltry amount for that horrible head on accident.  This thread really makes me realize how much I was screwed.  

My right leg will never be the same.  

Yeah, same for my daughter, she was rear ended and got about half that amount. She did ok. We thought she had a pretty good lawyer.