So, of the Love Forumites who never made the move to Square Wheels Cycling, who do you miss the most

Mr. Silly

Just now, dennis said:

Did he get hit by a car? I thought he hit something in the road or lost control on a descent. 

He was a nice guy.

Hopefully he still IS a nice guy.

But yeah, I can't remember the whole story, but it was on a ride and it was bad.  He posted a bit throughout his recovery period, and definitely had a bit of PTSD and reluctance/justified fear of getting back onto the road. :(

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is @TobyOne aka tobycat?  He was a keen cyclist and then got hurt big time when hit by a car.  I liked him and his stories.

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

Did he get hit by a car? I thought he hit something in the road or lost control on a descent. 

He was a nice guy.

I can't remember which now that you mention it.  I thought he was hit by a car.  I remember him saying during his long recovery that he might never get back on a bike again.  We're connected on FB.  The dude ride a million miles a week now.

And I think he's still a nice guy.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I can't remember which now that you mention it.  I thought he was hit by a car.  I remember him saying during his long recovery that he might never get back on a bike again.  We're connected on FB.  The dude ride a million miles a week now.

Good that he is riding again. 

Just now, Kzoo said:

Good to hear he is back in the saddle.  He was a big mileage guy back then - retired with his wife still working gave him a LOT of time to get out.  Definitely had some good stories. I remember his goal of something like a 4hr Montauk(?) century. He seemed to come close a couple times, but not sure if he ever got it.

@FlippersForFeet made it here, but dropped off.  I always loved his insane racing stories.

Also, the crazy Boston chick who was too afraid to ride her bike. She was an epic troll. I loved her.  Another lady from the WV panhandle never made it here either, but I can't remember her nickname. She was a food scientist, so was fun to hear some of her stories.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

@FlippersForFeet made it here, but dropped off.  I always loved his insane racing stories.

Also, the crazy Boston chick who was too afraid to ride her bike. She was an epic troll. I loved her.  Another lady from the WV panhandle never made it here either, but I can't remember her nickname. She was a food scientist, so was fun to hear some of her stories.

Happy scientist?  She was a late addition and it looked like she flamed out.  There were also a lot of ancient ones that faded away long before the forum imploded that I miss. 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Happy scientist?  She was a late addition and it looked like she flamed out.  There were also a lot of ancient ones that faded away long before the forum imploded that I miss. 

Yep.  She was a steady poster for a while.

10 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Square one. Also the Wisconsin mafia but we do have br46. 

Yeah, we kept the good ones as so many of them went off the edge there towards the end like they had a financial stake in the LF sticking around.  Really never quite got that and changed my opinion of many of them towards the end.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Florida Yankee, The English Rider, Eyes of Texas and Madcity.

I'll give you Eyes.  The others aren't worth the drama caused should you happen to disagree with them.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

NoSocks?

I wouldn't mind him back, he was funny and I owe him an apology anyways after I ended up on the wrong side of TER.  Definitely a lesson learned in the there is two sides to every and become careful of the damsel in distress routines story book for me.

Thinking about it, I think her name was DiveRideDash.  Was a highschooler back in the day.  Some of those I'd love for them to pop in and just give an update on how life turned out for some of them.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Eyes has visited here...

https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/search/&q=Eyes&type=core_members

I thought Velbro was a jerk (who am I to speak) but he was entertaining.  The young chick house sitting is a classic.

VB mellowed over time. He started writing for a magazine. Good stuff, great photos.

The house sitter was pretty damn funny.

• Heart 3

29 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, I always wanted to meet him just to see if he was real or a persona.

EPG briefly lived/worked in the DC area.  He raced in some of our local bike races, but I never spotted him on any races I attended. I do remember spotting him in race pictures, so I know we were at the same race at one point.

Likewise, we used to have RudeSiggy at the LF (eventually graduated or got too busy).  I remember him crashing in the corner in front of me at our local race. His GF at the time was right there as I heard him beotching about the crash.  That was a wide race that year.