So, of the Love Forumites who never made the move to Square Wheels Cycling, who do you miss the most

Mr. Silly

8 minutes ago, 12string said:

12string, for sure.  That dude was smart and funny and insightful and from what I hear quite the looker.  That's why I stole his username.  And email.  And credit score and wife and house.

I'm also glad Kirbie didn't come over - one amphibian is enough around here.

I'm just glad that Indy Rider dude didn't come over.  He was an obnoxious ass hat.  I couldn't stand him.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE took "FLJim" to be "Florida Jim". Do folks in NY consider FL the proper abbreviation for the Finger Lakes?  Maybe just in the upstate part?

Nah, we just called them the Finger Lakes?

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I thought Velbro was a jerk (who am I to speak) but he was entertaining.  The young chick house sitting is a classic.

He helped me select the bike I still ride today. I was going to buy a Cross bike for my Erie Canal Bike Tour. I had never ridden one but I thought since the trail wasn’t paved this would be a good choice. He messaged me and told me his cross bike was the most fun to ride of all his bikes but you couldn’t pay him enough to ride it on a 440 mile bike tour. He suggested either a LHT or a 520. He was right.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

He helped me select the bike I still ride today. I was going to buy a Cross bike for my Erie Canal Bike Tour. I had never ridden one but I thought since the trail wasn’t paved this would be a good choice. He messaged me and told me his cross bike was the most fun to ride of all his bikes but you couldn’t pay him enough to ride it on a 440 mile bike tour. He suggested either a LHT or a 520. He was right.

I liked VB, his rants were epic.  He came off as a pompous jerk, well bike snob at times but he gave sound bike advice.  I also called him out once or twice on some of his viewpoints and he got off his high horse.  Like most people, if you disagreed but were reasonable about it he took it well.  At least he did with me.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I liked VB, his rants were epic.  He came off as a pompous jerk, well bike snob at times but he gave sound bike advice.  I also called him out once or twice on some of his viewpoints and he got off his high horse.  Like most people, if you disagreed but were reasonable about it he took it well.  At least he did with me.

He helped me when I needed a lower gear for some of the really steep hills I ride. He suggested a different cassette would be a better route than changing the chain ring. The one I bought was a bit tight in the derailleur but worked. He suggested I switch to a long cage derailleur. I found one online at a great price and asked if that was what I needed. He said that would be perfect and it was.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He helped me when I needed a lower gear for some of the really steep hills I ride. He suggested a different cassette would be a better route than changing the chain ring. The one I bought was a bit tight in the derailleur but worked. He suggested I switch to a long cage derailleur. I found one online at a great price and asked if that was what I needed. He said that would be perfect and it was.

When I was just starting to get into MTB he and Monkey really set me in the right path.  The whole 29’r, 650 B/27.5 wheel thing had my head spinning let alone the type of MTB for my needs. 

I had an opportunity to buy a new 26” bike that a Trek dealer was blowing out.  He talked me out of it and I’m glad he did.  

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Indy said:

I wouldn't mind him back, he was funny and I owe him an apology anyways after I ended up on the wrong side of TER.  Definitely a lesson learned in the there is two sides to every and become careful of the damsel in distress routines story book for me.

So what happened there?  Now I am gathering that all was not as seemed with the narrative that went around.

?

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Anyone know who posted the last post at the old place?  

That I recall Donkpow & Razor were keeping it going the last few months. I was bouncing back & forth... Jasondude threatened to join us towards the end but I don’t believe he did.   

I may have. Unless @Razors Edge answered my question before it went black.

• Heart 1