Not again!

maddmaxx

Awoke this morning to outrageously high water pressure.  Yep, well pump regulator appears to have failed at the high (shutoff) end.  In excess of 100 psi with the pump at the bottom of the well running continuously.  I can shut off the pump breaker and use water but at the low end I have to turn it back on to fill the tank.  Once this morning when I rapped on the regulator with a scew driver it did shut off.  Maybe the points are burned and sticking.  When it hangs up there is no "release" on the contact points.

Did I mention that today is the day for womaxx's big party for her school co workers.  That begins at about 3pm.  I'm trying to get a plumber in to replace the regulator this morning on an emergency $all.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

It would also clear the skid marks off the inside of the toilet bowl.

I am still wondering why maddmaxx feels there is a need to fix something that isn't broke.

It will blast the stink right off you. Like taking a shower with a pressure washer. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

It's Maxx, dunno if'n that applies.

Hey can do it, I have confidence in him.

23 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The dishwasher probably works better too.

The dishwasher makes it’s own pressure with a pump of it's own, the toilet pressure in a home toilet is gravity flow from the tank.

• Heart 1

I don't have the time to do it today.  The fittings are corroded, the tank in 1970 vintage.  The plumber is coming in this morning to replace the regulator and in a week or so they will come back to replace the tank and install an overpressure regulator (cutoff) to bring the system up to code.  I really should have had this done back during the $10 grand well repair but I didn't.

I don't want to fix it today.  I'm still under the weather with a very bad head cold and cough and I just don't feel like putting up with the shit of working on my hands and knees in the bottom of the well tank closet.

• Hugs 1

OK, I got busy this morning after the plumbers getting last minute party stuff.

Plumbers arrived shortly after my call (45 min or so), stayed about 2 hours, replaced the regulator as at least on of the points was indeed welded shut, cleaned up and left by 11:30.  The party is saved.  The total bill ran to $239     :o :hapydance: :cheerleader: :skipping: When has a plumber ever made an emergency visit and left for that low a price.

On the spot, signed up for a water tank replacement sometime after Christmas day along with the appropriate to code shutoffs and blowoffs as mine was a 50 year old galvanized tank without bladder (they haven't been made in years).  We also spoke about replacing in water heater in the spring when it's more convenient to come and go through the basement hatch.  The date on the water heater was 1988 and it's a miracle that it isn't ruptured as of last night.

Never schedule a 50 person party for Friday the 13th.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

OK, I got busy this morning after the plumbers getting last minute party stuff.

Plumbers arrived shortly after my call (45 min or so), stayed about 2 hours, replaced the regulator as at least on of the points was indeed welded shut, cleaned up and left by 11:30.  The party is saved.  The total bill ran to $239     :o :hapydance: :cheerleader: :skipping: When has a plumber ever made an emergency visit and left for that low a price.

On the spot, signed up for a water tank replacement sometime after Christmas day along with the appropriate to code shutoffs and blowoffs as mine was a 50 year old galvanized tank without bladder (they haven't been made in years).  We also spoke about replacing in water heater in the spring when it's more convenient to come and go through the basement hatch.  The date on the water heater was 1988 and it's a miracle that it isn't ruptured as of last night.

Never schedule a 50 person party for Friday the 13th.

What the hell is wrong with Friday the 13th, you big jerk?