The instapot

Dirtyhip

I made some things already.  It came in the mail yesterday.

Last night I boiled water.  It made me realize how talented I am.  LOL, it was a test run to figure the settings out.  Took me about 39 minutes to boil 3 cups of water.  The instruction manual suggested the semi-wet test run.  HAHA

Today, I made two batches of garbanzo beans.  The first batch, test run.  I didn't want to destroy a large batch of beans.  I am making the second batch now.  Pre-saoked beans take about 15 minutes. I brought the beans home in cotton bag, and I will use re-purposed Adams PB jars to store them in the freezer.  I make hummus every week for celery snacking.  Loving this gadget so far.  I made four large jars in a fraction of the time.

• Heart 3

25 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

A nice, warming, low-cal treat!

Yes.  HAHA

I am glad they suggested the test run.  It would have stressed me out to try and make something, and have it ruined or take me forever on a weeknight to figure the thing out.  

Love the gadget.  We bought the 6qt.  It seems perfect for a small family such as ours.  The 8 would have been too big.  Too big to store.  Too big to heat. Too big to move to and from the appliance storage. 

Next project, brown rice.  :cheerleader:

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I may buy an extra seal.  I read that they can absorb smell.  I have been washing it between uses, but it is a porous item.  I am thinking that if you made chili a lot, making yogurt could have a strange flavor to it.  I guess it depends on how often you make strong flavors.

Yep, that is true.  You probably won't be making Osso Buco but that king of dish really stinks the seal up.