NFL week 15

Road Runner

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Sunday night game Bills-Steelers is far from Ho hum. I’ve got severe anxiety about this game. 

Steelers will be hard to beat playing at home. 

You're right, this isn't a ho-hummer, but the Cowboys and Rams are more interesting to me, just because I hate the Cowboys.  :D

• Heart 2

Saturday, the excitement was the LSU QB Joe Burrow won the Heisman Trophy. Note that Burrow is older than 2nd year Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson (22 years-old) who also has won the Heisman Trophy.

With the Bills, Steelers, Titans and maybe some 7-6 teams fighting for wild-card spots in the AFC, some interesting games will arise.

The Bills (9-4) at Steelers (8-5) Sun. 8:20 pm, where the Steelers are favored by 1 but a majority of sports page pundits seem to be favoring the Bills, could be an excellent game.  Note that if the Ravens win at the Browns in week 16 they will clinch the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. If so, the Ravens are saying that Lamar Jackson will sit-out the week 17 game at home vs the Steelers - Robert Griffin III will start for the Ravens.  Since the Steelers are at the Jets week 16, a Steelers win over the Bills will make the Titans game important since only one wild card spot may be up for grabs.

The Texans (8-5) at Titans (8-5) Sun. 1 pm, where the Titans are favored by 3 is an interesting game - even if LeSean Watson wasn't a QB on one of my fantasy teams.

The Eagles (6-7) at Redskins (3-10, but won 2 of last 3), Sun 1 pm, where the Eagles are favored by 6 but are virtually out of WRS, is important because the Eagles will win the NFC East if they win their next 3 games.

If the struggling Patriots lose to the resurgent, 450+ yds of offense Bengals and the Chiefs lose to or tie the hot-with-new-QB-Lock Broncos, the Raven (who won Thurs) will clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Belichick apologists. That Belichick has previously been fined $500,000 for videotape infractions isn’t evidence that he didn’t order the sideline taping caught by NFL security. Instead, it suggests that he would be deeply involved in what is being recorded, and that his advanced scouts wouldn’t deviate from his orders. I don’t care if they can trace it back to Belichick via emails or taped phone conversations, or any witness testimony. The tapes were made. The organization should be heavily fined, Draft picks withheld, playoff bid nullified.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Belichick apologists. That Belichick has previously been fined $500,000 for videotape infractions isn’t evidence that he didn’t order the sideline taping caught by NFL security. Instead, it suggests that he would be deeply involved in what is being recorded, and that his advanced scouts wouldn’t deviate from his orders. I don’t care if they can trace it back to Belichick via emails or taped phone conversations, or any witness testimony. The tapes were made. The organization should be heavily fined, Draft picks withheld, playoff bid nullified.

I agree.  They should nail those assholes. Robert Kraft is scum, too.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Who is your primary rooting interest? The Cardinals? Other?

Well, it used to be the Redskins, but they haven't been contenders for so long, I have sorta given up on them.  Many years ago, I was a big Baltimore Colts fan.  After they moved the team, I stopped rooting for them.  I would say I am now a Ravens fan, sort of.  It's not like the days of Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry, but then, nothing is.  :) 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yeah, you can’t throw four picks, two into the end zone, and win. Nor fumble within the red zone. 

The Steelers will be very good next season if Ben can rehab his arm injury.

Agreed.  It's only a shame that you haven't been able to find your replacement QB in all this.  Hodges could still be that guy but his window is closing. Your defense appears to be solid though.