Give me your best ideas/recipes for stir fry

petitepedal

I don't go by a recipe.  I just toss and add with my cooking.  

We do chicken with mushrooms, broccoli, and some green onions.  I like to make a sauce using Braggs aminos with some garlic, avocado oil, and ginger.  

You can't go wrong with stir fry.  It is so easy.   Been a fan of short grain brown rice lately.  You can even use millet as a grain.  Quinoa is a nice grain too as a base for putting veg stir fry on.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I have decided to try stir frying veggies and chicken as a change up to what I have been doing for dinner.

Slice up chicken in smaller pieces (if it isn't like this), marinate with small amount of soy sauce, tiny amount of flour, abit of oil, minced garlic, ginger root and some onion.  Marinate for .5 hr. to 1 hr. Then throw into pan ----after 2-3 min. sauteeing other onion, garlic, ginger root (and if you want, sambal olek...a chili paste) and later, throw in sliced red or green pepper, other veggies.  You can use tomatoes but I personally don't mix in green leaf veggies with this mix.   Veggies can be:  any green veggie (of course green beans take longer), peas, asparagus, bok choy, shanghai choy, etc.  Or eliminate that and just have chicken with mushrooms.  

To make such dishes more interesting, go to Asian food section for hoisin sauce or black bean (which is soybean, not the other black bean) with chili or black bean garlic jarred sauce. YOu only need to put in 1/2 - 1 tbslp. into sauteeing onions, ginger at beginning.  Add abit water during cooking so dish doesn't burn in order for chicken to cook properly.  Yes, 1 jar in the fridge will last for 1 yr. for 1 person. :) 

5 min. before done, you can throw in light pasta to mix together.

I use sunflower oil or canola oil.  Olive oil is too heavy for stir-fries....to me.  Sesame or peanut oil if used too often, is not healthy....to me.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Great..I  was getting tired of chicken breast and steamed veggies!

Trying to avoid tomatoes and other nightshades for my psoriasis.

I'm sorry about your psoriasis, petite.  

I have steamed veggies occasionally...I only steam asparagus and brussel sprouts.  (No, I've never tried stir frying brussel sprouts.)  I also stir fry butternut squash with onions, garlic and ginger root.  It's a wonderful dish. No sugar but has natural slight sweetness because of the stir frying carmelization. I find it far faster and more dynamic than...roasting half a squash.  Which to me, sounds abit boring.

• Heart 1

I usually throw mine together quickly as a fast after workout meal. It’s not nearly as fancy as SS.

Base veggies is usually cabbage, bok  choy or both onion, Celery, carrots, bean sprouts, snow peas and anything else I might have in my fridge.  For protien I use tofu or chicken.

I basically throw everything in a wok starting with the stuff that takes longer, chicken, onion, carrots & celery, then the cabbage & bean sprouts. My seasoning is Indonesian sweet soy, black pepper & garlic powder.  Sweet soy & black pepper is a staple in Indonesian cuisine and is used often with other seasonings.

I know sweet soy is hard to find, I use the ABC brand.  I’m sure you can find it in the inter webs.

16 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I usually throw mine together quickly as a fast after workout meal. It’s not nearly as fancy as SS.

Base veggies is usually cabbage, bok  choy or both onion, Celery, carrots, bean sprouts, snow peas and anything else I might have in my fridge.  For protien I use tofu or chicken.

I basically throw everything in a wok starting with the stuff that takes longer, chicken, onion, carrots & celery, then the cabbage & bean sprouts. My seasoning is Indonesian sweet soy, black pepper & garlic powder.  Sweet soy & black pepper is a staple in Indonesian cuisine and is used often with other seasonings.

I know sweet soy is hard to find, I use the ABC brand.  I’m sure you can find it in the inter webs.

At home, I don't use cabbage nor celery in my stir fries. I find those veggies suck out the flavour from other veggie types in the mix.  But it's just prejudice in my family....in the Chinese restaurant world, they are both seen as cheap veggies..when Asian green veggies were not sold in supermarkets in North American 40 yrs. ago.

I know we have uttered the forbidden food of tofu.  The non GMO brand for CAnada is here:  https://www.sunrise-soya.com/about-us/   They have their production in Metro Vancouver.  Yes, I have a soft spot for immigrant entrepreneurs.  I'd rather support these local immigrant entrepreneurs who make the stuff in Canada rather than have it shipped from Asia.

I have a close Chinese-Canadian friend whose parents did their little fresh tofu, fresh beansprouts and fortune cookie business....here in Calgary, in the middle of the prairies back in 1960's-1970's.