Wool dryer balls

Dirtyhip

My gal pal and I went shopping after yoga.  I found some awesome deals today on food.  

We also went to Gross out (Grocery Outlet), where I found more good deals.  A jar of Kalamatas for like 1.99.   Cheese for super cheap too.  Then, I found these balls.  I have always seen them for way more cash.  I put some nice smelling essential oil on them and going to try them in the next load.  I have high hopes for these balls.

The cashier lady was very negative about my balls.  She said "They do NOT work for me."  I pried "What part about not working are you speaking of?"  She said "I still have static."  I told her that I don't care about that so much, and just want nice smelling clothes without dryer sheets.    Then she bagged my stuff.  I am a horrible person and forgot my bags, cause I didn't know we were going shopping.  The lady tried to give me two bags.  I said "I think it can be fine in one."  She told me "That is too much."  I told her I would be careful and thanked her for caring so much for her customers.  She gave me a huge smile back.  I felt good about the transaction for the dryer balls and all my unsustainable food.  @Wilbur    :whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I like them. I solved the static issue by putting three biggish safety pins on each one. 

Interesting.  Thanks.

Which begs the question... Why is everyone so concerned about static?  I don't understand the concern.  I merely wanted them for scent

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Interesting.  Thanks.

Which begs the question... Why is everyone so concerned about static?  I don't understand the concern.  I merely wanted them for scent

Static hurts and can ruin electronics.  I had to get in the habit of taking the shock on my forearm when ingressing and egressing from our van.  Much mo' better and less painful than taking it on the fingertips.

12 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Static hurts and can ruin electronics.  I had to get in the habit of taking the shock on my forearm when ingressing and egressing from our van.  Much mo' better and less painful than taking it on the fingertips.

OK.  I will put some pins on the dryer balls.

I have not used dryer sheets in over a decade.  <shrug>  

50 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I got snookered into watching SNL yet again, and not even Scarlet Johanson could make it worthwhile.  Not funny in the least. :(

Jeopardy spoofs work great for them.  Loved Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks a while ago. 

I was good in that one 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I got snookered into watching SNL yet again, and not even Scarlet Johanson could make it worthwhile.  Not funny in the least. :(

Jeopardy spoofs work great for them.  Loved Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks a while ago. 

I haven’t watched this season. They had some good moments last season, although they sometimes approached the news in they just said what happened.