What was the last movie you went to see in an actual movie theater?

Road Runner

One of the early star wars movies made a big deal out of the big release of the movie couldn’t be before a certain day. One movie theater had a 12am showing and we took our kids to that. Our youngest is 37 years old now so it’s been a long time for me. My wife will go see a movie with her sister.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Ford vs Ferrari 

Wo46 and I went to a Tuesday morning 5 dollar special. 

We randomly do a Tuesday evening movie with "matinee" prices - still almost $10 a person, but better than full price.

Our last one was the Downton Abbey movie a couple months ago. Ford vs Ferrari would be a good big screen pick.

• Heart 1

...we were just talking about this last night, here at my house.  My wife wants to see that Downton Abbey movie, but right now it costs 20 bucks on Amazon streaming.  But neither of us likes movie theater popcorn, and more importantly neither of us thinks he/she  (they?) can sit through a movie that long without a bathroom break.  And it's hard to hit the pause button in a movie theater. :(  If they could figure out a solution to the pause thing, we would pop our own popcorn and bring it in a grocery sack, like we did when we were poor.

• Heart 1

My last movie was probably a Spiderman 3D movie in 2014 (maybe).  And I had popcorn.  WoKzoo usually takes the grandkids to see movies at the theatre a few times a year.  She had a couple of them over for a week this past summer and there were a few rainy days.  They went to one movie one day and 2 different movies the next day.  I didn't want to know what she spend on movies those 2 days.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Yes.  I cannot help myself.  Buttered popcorn and a bathtub sized container of Coke Zero.

I haven't been in about ten years, but they used to sell a tub (large bucket) of popcorn with one "free" refill.  I would eat the first tub while watching the movie and then get a refill to take home.  It never tasted as good at home as it did in the theater.   :( 

Recently, I've seen Harriet and The Peanutbutter Falcon

The popcorn is nice to munch, but we don't like sitting through 30 minutes of previews before the film starts. We also don't like showing up 30 minutes after posted showtime to avoid the previews, though, because it's harder to find seats when we arrive late.

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

Recently, I've seen Harriet and The Peanutbutter Falcon

Harriet seemed like it would be a train wreck.

Never heard of the PB Falcon:

The Peanut Butter Falcon is an adventure story set in the world of a modern Mark Twain that begins when Zak (22), a young man with Down syndrome, runs away from the nursing home where he lives to chase his dream of becoming a professional wrestler by attending the wrestling school The Salt Water Redneck. Through circumstances beyond their control Tyler (32), a small-time outlaw on the run, becomes Zak's unlikely coach and ally. Together they wind through deltas, elude capture, drink whisky, find God, catch fish, and convince Eleanor (28), a kind nursing home employee with a story of her own, to join them on their journey.