Ask me a Scientology question.

Since I don't believe Scientology is actually a religion but rather, a set of beliefs, I'm hoping this thread is appropriate for this forum.  Even though it's not "Bike Related".  So go ahead, ask me a question about Scientology.  I'll do my best to answer your question honestly.

SW, get your lawyers ready.

Couch

WTF is scientology?   (actual question, I really don't know what they believe)

Sci·en·tol·o·gy
A religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfillment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.

Does Scientology have any stores?  If so, do they make their employees take birth control pills against their will like Michael's does?

They are not stores, per say.  They call them 'Churches' or Libraries.  

The "Church" of Scientology has been known to force women to have abortions.  

Couch

it seems that scientology is really an exercise in human ego. What I mean is that if the basic idea is that we can, of our own efforts and ability, attain an understanding of creation and reach an enlightened state...well, it all sounds like bhuddists, but with self help books

Since I don't believe Scientology is actually a religion but rather, a set of beliefs, I'm hoping this thread is appropriate for this forum.

WHY IS SCIENTOLOGY CALLED A RELIGION?

Scientology certainly meets all three criteria generally used by religious scholars around the world to determine religiosity: (1) a belief in some Ultimate Reality, such as the Supreme or eternal truth that transcends the here and now of the secular world; (2) religious practices directed toward understanding, attaining or communing with this Ultimate Reality; and (3) a community of believers who join together in pursuing this Ultimate Reality.

The Scientology view of an Ultimate Reality transcending the material world includes its concepts of the thetan and the dynamics which include the spiritual world (the Seventh Dynamic) and the Supreme Being (the Eighth Dynamic). The second element can be found in Scientology life-rite ceremonies such as naming, marriage and funeral services, but predominantly in the religious services of auditing and training through which Scientologists increase their spiritual awareness and attain an

understanding of both the spiritual world and, ultimately, the Supreme Being. As to the third element, a very vital community of believers can be found at any Church of Scientology at almost any time of the day.

Scientology is thus a religion in the most traditional sense of the term. Scientology helps Man become more aware of his own spiritual nature and that of those around him, and, hence, more aware of God.

Scientology carries forward a religious tradition extending ten thousand years and embraces truths found in the oldest sacred texts of the Hindu Veda and the wisdom of Buddhism. 

Scientology holds in common with all great religions the dream of peace on Earth and salvation for Man. What is new about Scientology is that it offers a precise path for bringing about spiritual improvement in the here and now and a way to accomplish it with absolute certainty.

Okay, the silly questions were a front while I carefully hand typed these:

1. Has scientology created a Real Clear as defined by LRH?
  2. Why have 99% of the scientologist left scientology?
  3. How can the Cof$ clear the planet if the bridge cost $360,000+?
  4. If the tech is 100% standard why is all the review auditing taken place? Shouldn't it be Free?
  5. With all the wonderful ethics tech why aren't all scientologist in a condition of power?
  6. With the bridge to total freedom tech why aren't all scientologist happy, healthy, and sane?
  7. Since LRH has developed all the org and admin tech on creating a sane third dynamic why are the orgs so crazy?
  8. Ever met a Real OT?
  9. Have you ever felt completely trustworthy at Flag or any other org?
  10. Have you sometimes been made to feel like you might be an SP or PTS by a scientologist or org?
  11. Hubbard said cigarette smoking can cure cancer, do you believe this?
  12. Why do so many scientologist smoke? Does this seem like a healthy habit? Why can't auditing handle the smoking addiction?
  13. If scientology is about Freedom then why are you not allowed to read other truths and check out anything on the internet?
  14. Why do so many scientologist smoke? Does this seem like a healthy habit? Why can't auditing handle the smoking addiction?
  15. If scientology is about Freedom then why are you not allowed to read other truths and check out anything on the internet?
  16. Why is heavy ethics necessary in scientology?
  17. What happened in Quentin Hubbards' death?
  18. Why was David Mayo ,such a big SP, working as Ron's #1 tech terminal?
  19. Why has LRH never made a mistake or apologized for any wrong doing?
  20. Why did Ron die?
  21. Why hasn't Ron returned?
  22. Where is Mary Sue Hubbard?
  23. Why have most scn. execs and mission holders been declared or blown?
  24. Why didn't Ron pay his staff better?
  25. Why have most scientologist become money motivated ( the lowest form of motivation according to LRH)?
  26. Why are OTs and Class 12s dying of cancer?
  27. What happens to the elderly staff members that can't work so hard anymore?
  28. Why did I repeat questions 12 and 13?  

Okay, the silly questions were a front while I carefully hand typed these:

1. Has scientology created a Real Clear as defined by LRH?
  2. Why have 99% of the scientologist left scientology?
  3. How can the Cof$ clear the planet if the bridge cost $360,000+?
  4. If the tech is 100% standard why is all the review auditing taken place? Shouldn't it be Free?
  5. With all the wonderful ethics tech why aren't all scientologist in a condition of power?
  6. With the bridge to total freedom tech why aren't all scientologist happy, healthy, and sane?
  7. Since LRH has developed all the org and admin tech on creating a sane third dynamic why are the orgs so crazy?
  8. Ever met a Real OT?
  9. Have you ever felt completely trustworthy at Flag or any other org?
  10. Have you sometimes been made to feel like you might be an SP or PTS by a scientologist or org?
  11. Hubbard said cigarette smoking can cure cancer, do you believe this?
  12. Why do so many scientologist smoke? Does this seem like a healthy habit? Why can't auditing handle the smoking addiction?
  13. If scientology is about Freedom then why are you not allowed to read other truths and check out anything on the internet?
  14. Why do so many scientologist smoke? Does this seem like a healthy habit? Why can't auditing handle the smoking addiction?
  15. If scientology is about Freedom then why are you not allowed to read other truths and check out anything on the internet?
  16. Why is heavy ethics necessary in scientology?
  17. What happened in Quentin Hubbards' death?
  18. Why was David Mayo ,such a big SP, working as Ron's #1 tech terminal?
  19. Why has LRH never made a mistake or apologized for any wrong doing?
  20. Why did Ron die?
  21. Why hasn't Ron returned?
  22. Where is Mary Sue Hubbard?
  23. Why have most scn. execs and mission holders been declared or blown?
  24. Why didn't Ron pay his staff better?
  25. Why have most scientologist become money motivated ( the lowest form of motivation according to LRH)?
  26. Why are OTs and Class 12s dying of cancer?
  27. What happens to the elderly staff members that can't work so hard anymore?
  28. Why did I repeat questions 12 and 13?  

Those are questions many of us have been asking for years.  I'll answer a few.

No one knows where Mary is.  

I've actually met a so called 'Clear'.  I've met several OT VIIs.  I actually had a picture of me with one during a protest.  He was a nice chap.  He tried to issue me a Cease and Desist letter on Goldenrod.

Ron died of a possible drug overdose or he was murdered by David.

Couch