Any plans for the 4th?

petitepedal

I hope to get in a morning ride...I also picked up a whole chicken...(way more than I can eat)...I plan to split it and grill it...Maybe Friday afternoon or early evening.  Other than going for 20,000 steps on Saturday...and hoping to have energy and good weather for a second ride..on Sunday...I will try out Strava on my ride :nod head:   The rest is a regular weekend...and laundry  :nod head:

Gotta rest up...come Tuesday...I have to be out the door BEFORE 7 AM  :angry:

In 45 minutes heading out to meet my brother to ride down to Daytona for the races.  Our sister is already down there.  Lots of beer, lots of cornhole matches, lots of food,  lotta laps (the cars, not me).  :)

Commute home.  I suspect today will be one of the worst in a long time.  The Boston Pops shuts down a main road for me to get out of here.  I'm hoping the hurricane cancels them.  They were planned for tomorrow, but they moved them to tonight.  STUPID.  They should have moved it to Saturday when real people aren't trying to work.

• Heart 1

Will get a ride in first thing then need to get some chores done around the house. Doing ribs on the grill for dinner. Saturday we are doing one of my favorite rides. Along the St. Lawrence River for 30 miles then across the Thousand Islands bridge into Ontario. Another 25 miles along the river/lake to Kingston. Hang out in Kingston for a few hours, grab a bite to eat then hop the ferry to Wolfe Island. A 7 miles ride across the island and another ferry ride puts us back to our starting point.

Commute home.  I suspect today will be one of the worst in a long time.  The Boston Pops shuts down a main road for me to get out of here.  I'm hoping the hurricane cancels them.  They were planned for tomorrow, but they moved them to tonight.  STUPID.  They should have moved it to Saturday when real people aren't trying to work.

Part of my extreme commuting plan is to take vacation days on the workdays before holidays just to avoid the masses of asses on the road.

The city of Addison Texas puts on a big show called Kaboomtown.  Vintage aircraft, air show, fireworks.  My office is on the 24th floor of a building that has an unobstructed view right down the runway.

Going to bring the family up here tonight to watch the airshow and fireworks.

http://www.addisontexas.net/events/KaboomTown/

Friday AM our Cub Scout pack will lead the neighborhood 4th of July parade.

After that, jump in the car and head to east Texas to visit my parents.  

On Saturday we are going to have BBQ, and then head to a friend of theirs to watch the air show and fireworks show on Cedar Creek Lake.

http://tocclairshow.com/

Sunday we come home, help pick up all the flags we put out in our hood for the 4th with the Boy Scouts and then we get to spend Sunday afternoon with our friend who had the necrotizing fascitis.  She got a day pass to come home and they have asked us to be there!  This will be the high point of the weekend.

In the middle of loading the SUV to head up to the property in yooper land. We are gonna stop and pick up some fireworks for the kids, and I have 100 rounds of ammo so I can teach the wife to shoot...

Donating blood soon. Plan to mow the lawn this afternoon, if it dries up. Fireworks tonight. Going to Detroit tomorrow to a Tigers game. Step-daughter and her crew are coming over Saturday for a cookout. I'll find out if I can play cornhole left-handed. I might try to get on my road bike sometime over the weekend. My physical therapist doesn't have a problem with me riding at this point. He said "just don't fall".   ...great, I probably will now. 

Edit: Scratch that blood donation.

• Heart 1

I am going to try and wake early for a MTB ride.  I am heading out alone, so I can focus and not be distracted by others.

Then, head home and make some food and maybe do some cleaning.  Probably watch the fireworks downtown.  We can easily ride down there to check it out.  Traffic is usually nuts, but not for a person on a bike. 

Sunday we are going up to one of my favorite MTB rides in the area.   Then, a BBQ afterward.  Unfortunately, I will miss out on pump track night (usually Sunday at my buddies property).  Maybe, if we get back soon enough, I can have it all.  MTB, BBQ and some pumpin.

I'm going for a ride on the Allegheny River Trail with the ladies.  I'll probably spend more time getting to the trail than riding on it.  I'm going to try to push them to ride farther than they usually do.  If their butts can handle sitting in the seat the rest should be easy with their electric motor assist.  Afterwards we are coming back to the house and my wife is going to make some food for the picnic.  I'll probably swim in the pool a bit.  Then we are going to my in-laws for a picnic.

Our granddaughter spent the night. So I'm drinking coffee and trying to be quiet till everyone wakes up. Our son and DIL are coming over to spend the day. I guess I'm supposed to be online looking for a festival or something we can do today. Any suggestions?  :whistle:

I was hoping to go for a long quite hike with the Nixter, but it is pouring, so I'm trying to finish a book that was selected for my studio book club.... we meet to discuss on Sunday.... the book is "Dove Keepers", quite long and historic

My day turned out so nice. I ended up hookin up with one of the fast chics in town, and I did half of my ride with her and half alone, after she was done.  Then I went home, made naan, danced in my kitchen, made a nice dinner for my love, and then we rode downtown and watched the fireworks.

It was a madhouse down there, but we had bikes so we could maneuver easily through the traffic.