$50 Breakfast

jsharr

The guy in the blue jacket in the center of the pic is the guy that put this together. 5 of us went to high school together and the rest were friends and friends of friends.

Wade and I were among the last to leave and as we were walking out the door the waitress opened the envelope and card and was in tears and the other waitresses were hugging her. Hopefully she really needed this gift right before Christma. 

• Heart 4

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I like the sound of this, but is there some context we should know about or was this some random waitress you all wanted to bang?

We really had no idea what waitress we were going to get. Just picked a restaurant that's popular with the working class in our city and got a table for our group of 12 and went from there.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

And then you combined to give her $50 in tips?  

The suggested donation was $50 per plate that was to cover the cost of the meal and whatever was left over would go towards the gift.

An envelope was passed around and everybody dropped whatever cash they were donating. The guy that put this together said there was over $500 left after paying for the meal and a regular tip.

He put the rest in a Christmas card and gave that to her and told her it was a Christmas gift from our group and we left.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Road Runner said:

So she wasn't someone who had been identified as being in need?  She was just a random waitress?   

Yes, but her reaction made it pretty clear it was needed.   This is not a fancy high dollar place.  Just a small town cafe that a big city grew around.  Been there since the 70s 

• Heart 3

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The suggested donation was $50 per plate that was to cover the cost of the meal and whatever was left over would go towards the gift.

An envelope was passed around and everybody dropped whatever cash they were donating. The guy that put this together said there was over $500 left after paying for the meal and a regular tip.

He put the rest in a Christmas card and gave that to her and told her it was a Christmas gift from our group and we left.

Much awesomeness.  Karma will find its way back to you for all the great things you do.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes, but her reaction made it pretty clear it was needed.   This is not a fancy high dollar place.  Just a small town cafe that a big city grew around.  Been there since the 70s 

Was she hot?  Did you all meet at the gay bath house?  Still so many questions...

Great job, though!!!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

Was she hot?  Did you all meet at the gay bath house?  Still so many questions...

Great job, though!!!

Yes she was attractive.   Yes we gayed out after.   

I try to do good.  The best part was for Wade  to take part and see the impact a small gift of kindness can make.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Meanwhile we've got dudes who met on Snapchat getting shot over drug deals along one of the greater bike trails in Snohomish County:  https://www.heraldnet.com/news/monroe-man-wounded-in-shooting-along-centennial-trail/

It was either breakfast or drugs and guns.  We flipped a coin.  Breakfast won

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, late said:

Good time of year to give to your local food bank.

We take part in Scouting for food amin early February. We are the single biggest one day contributor to the food banks in our area 

Last year our Cub scout pack collected and donated over 3000 cans of food

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Very cool.   You made the holidays for that starfish.

But what would you have done if you had really bad service? 

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like the idea.

If the server sucked and provided crappy service with an attitude? Still gets the cash?

He probably had an envelope containing even more cash. You both are still in the running.

• Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Dottie said:

He probably had an envelope containing even more cash. You both are still in the running.

I'm willing to bet jsharr's buddy slipped a dick pic in the card, pocketed the cash, and the servers were all laughing at the tiny little weiner shot. It's what I would have done.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

39 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Taken a picture of your 'tiny' little wiener?:whistle:

NO!  We're talking @jsharr's tiny weiner! 

Of course, if he was running the scheme, sure, he'd likely use a photo of mine.  It's risky, since then you need to include some sort of magnifying device and that costs money reducing the take.  No one likes that.