A jump to last post button would be nice

Ralphie

I was on another forum that had a button near the top of a thread to jump to last post. I love the one we have at the bottom that jumps you up to the top, so having this other one would be very nice too. 

There is already a way to do that from the index though, using the time of the last post inside a thread.  This new one would add the ability to quickly scroll down a long list of posts.  This is a pretty luxurious but cool thing. I think it is maybe only when there are lots of pics in a single post that make scrolling to the bottom take more than a few swipes.  Jumping is just fun. :D

Note that the placement of the link under the time of last post is different on the index of unread threads versus the straight up cafe list, but once you get used to that it is fine  Both are pretty small though, so you can easily hit the posters profile link instead.

Here's how I read the site.

There is a link for Unread Content on every page: https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/discover/unread/

If you click that a set of options will open at the top, you can then save your personalized settings either as the default, or name it something.  You can have as many of these as you want.  They are only for you and show up under Activities.

Then from there (or any unready post) there are circles next to the title.  Click the circle and you go directly to the next post in that thread, that you have not read.

It's really pretty cool.  No wasted time scrolling.

46 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Here's how I read the site.

There is a link for Unread Content on every page: https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/discover/unread/

If you click that a set of options will open at the top, you can then save your personalized settings either as the default, or name it something.  You can have as many of these as you want.  They are only for you and show up under Activities.

Then from there (or any unready post) there are circles next to the title.  Click the circle and you go directly to the next post in that thread, that you have not read.

It's really pretty cool.  No wasted time scrolling.

I usually do that too, but every once in a while I find myself  adrift in a long thread. 

Oh wait, the circle is new to me - cool!  Very nice that it remembers where you were!  This is some darn nice software!

What does it mean when there is a star instead of a circle?  I can’t intuit the difference.  Is it threads that I have participated in?  Seems like it could be.