Man Overboard!

Razors Edge

My wife bought me a fancy stainless steel insulated water bottle. After a couple months she asked me why I never use the bottle she bought me. I figured I better use it. Riding down a paved trail about 15mph and hit a raised place in the pavement where a root was pushing it up. A SS bottle makes a lot of noise when it hits the trail. I went back and got it, it’s all scratched up now and it stays in the cupboard.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:07 PM, Longjohn said:

My wife bought me a fancy stainless steel insulated water bottle. After a couple months she asked me why I never use the bottle she bought me. I figured I better use it. Riding down a paved trail about 15mph and hit a raised place in the pavement where a root was pushing it up. A SS bottle makes a lot of noise when it hits the trail. I went back and got it, it’s all scratched up now and it stays in the cupboard.

Those metal bottles never made sense to me for bikes.  They LOOK good, and likely work well OFF the bike, but for normal bike riding, a standard plastic bike bottle is hard to beat. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Those metal bottles never made sense to me for bikes.  They LOOK good, and likely work well OFF the bike, but for normal bike riding, a standard plastic bike bottle is hard to beat. 

Yup!  I have been a fan of Polar Bottles for years.  They are very nice aboot replacing lost tops with no red tape.  Excellent customer service, and I always hated drinking warm water oot of non-insulated ones.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I knew that, my wife did not. I just used it one time because she thought I didn’t like her gift. I don’t use insulated water bottles either. I go for volume and insulated bottles hold less water.

• Heart 2