LAJ - the next chapter

Parsnip Totin Jack

31 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

LAJ was approved to move into assisted living. So7 and I will drive out soon with a bed, assist chair, and a headboard. I’m sure Wo7 will add some things. We will rent a trailer and tow this stuff out and return with a Chevy LS3 motor for the rock buggy So7 is building.

LAJ for and LS3? Sounds like a good swap.  

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It does!

A question I would have is "can LAJ fuck this up?" since he seems to have quite a series of tales as related by Old#7.

Oh he certainly can fuck it up but my wife has been anticipating his every fuck up opp and has been shutting him down. He’s moving in now. LAJ has no idea what he’s in for. I’m sure that once it sinks in that he’s living in an old folks home he will want out and it will be too late. His lifelong trajectory of letting others take care of him and cleaning up his shit will have run out of options. He will have nowhere else to go.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, what happened to all of LAJ's possessions to this point, and what happens to what he has now?

LAJ is down to a few books, doodads, a computer and clothes. Everything else was sold, donated or trashed. The crap he has now will move out with him. The bed that he sleeps in at RtJ’s will stay behind as it belongs to RtJ.

3 hours ago, Old#7 said:

He’s moving in now. LAJ has no idea what he’s in for. I’m sure that once it sinks in that he’s living in an old folks home he will want out and it will be too late. 

...don't get ahead of yourself on this.  It's not that hard to get one of those assisted care places to boot you out.  I know this because my mom managed to do it at least once.  You need to firm up all the "nowhere else to go" options.  Be resolute, and instill it in every other party that might be involved. :ban:If necessary, start up a support group.

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

It's not that hard to get one of those assisted care places to boot you out. 

True. Happened in about a month after we moved my BIL into one. He had one rule: Don't leave the premises. He fell in a major roadway about a half mile from the place. He's in a locked down memory unit now.